The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Climate Control LED's

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    findwaldo

Climate Control LED's

My climate control LEDs don't light anymore on my 04 Gallant. The fan control lights, the temp and other knob don't. I took the control box apart and noticed that there are four LEDs that aren't lighting. I doubt they all went out at the same time so I'm assuming it's electrical. Has anybody dealt with this before? Do I have to by an entire climate control unit to get the lights working again?

Thanks

id look on ebay.... and search anywhere from 04-08 for ac controls, then its pretty easy to just swap it out
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

findwaldo
    So basically the parts isn't serviceable? I'll look around and see what I can find. Thanks for your thoughts.

if all four lights went out at once i would check fuses first
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Its Reu View Post
    if all four lights went out at once i would check fuses first
    x2

findwaldo
    I took a quick look at the fuses the other day and couldn't figure out which one controls the climate control LED's...All other parts of the climate control system work fine. Does anybody know which fuse is linked with the LED's?

Also, there was one lone LED that worked for a few days. After jiggling the wires in an effort to get the others on, that last LED no longer lights.

When I took it apart, it looked like the ribbon cable between the two circuit boards was pinched, I wonder if that might be my problem...

Could be a deeper problem than just a fuse if you said you jiggled some wires and they stopped working it could be a shorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by findwaldo View Post

When I took it apart, it looked like the ribbon cable between the two circuit boards was pinched, I wonder if that might be my problem...
    Get a circuit tester and check where the ribbon connects to the two boards, then you will know if the ribbon is at fault.

The cilmate control has light bulbs inside. I replaced mine with white LEDs. If your looking to buy a clamate control that has working LEDs im selling one for $40 shipped.
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 02-22-2009 at 01:49 AM

nice job bro....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

did you get to figure out what was the problem? because i have the same problem and even the shift nob light went out on me 3 days after the climate control lights. i did the same thing you did i took the climate control out and i checked the LED but they are fine.

did you buy the new climate control and if yes does it work?

Any Write up on adding LED's to the climate control ??

What Size would we need and such ??

Thanks -

[email protected]

findwaldo
    Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    did you get to figure out what was the problem? because i have the same problem and even the shift nob light went out on me 3 days after the climate control lights. i did the same thing you did i took the climate control out and i checked the LED but they are fine.

did you buy the new climate control and if yes does it work?
    Never did figure it out. I just turn on the map light @ night.

Let me know if you make any progress.

LosAngelesRider how did you wire in the resistors for those leds. I wired the leds in and forgot to put the resistors.