The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 and 97 obd designation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    If anyone wants to go to obd 2 easilly, ive got a full obd 2 1997 es harness I am willing to trade for the obd 1.5 harness with power windows/locks/mirrors. Im keeping my obd 1.5 ecu and just want the harness from under the dash back to the tails(theres nowhere that it unplugs from the harness). It has no splices and all the connectors that keep it in place. The car ran great and had no problems. If you want the stock 97 intake also let me know. It is going to be easyer to swap the harness, as i dont care if I stay obd 1 'cause I have a AEM engine management system ready to go in from my old 95 civic hatch. Let me know if your interested and thanks for the help.

All other body harnesses are the same tho. There is no need to swap these.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the engine harness is seperate from all the other harnesses on the car.

the engine harness just gets juice from the fuse box and thats it. completely diffrent harnesses linked at the fuse box under the hood.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    so i gotta ask the million dollar question again: short of going to a mitsu dealership, charming the guy to hook up the code scanner and not charge you $75, what's the best way to pull CEL codes?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

This is the way i do it.

I get a paper clip and then straighten it. One end goes in the pin one on the OBD2 plug, the other end goes to ground by any means necessary. The CEL is gonna turn off for a moment then it gona start flashing quickly with short pauses - you count the flashes /record that number/. Then the CEL will turn off for little longer, and it will start flashing again - record the number again.

Ex.: if your first count was 2, then longer pause then second count was 5 then your code is 25.

now this is the hard part - you have to pay close attention. If you ahve more than one code - it will pause between the codes, and the pause time is the same as the time between the two numbers. you can catch that because there are no 3 digit error codes.

or go here and follow the second picture

http://www.troublecodes.net/mitsu/
    Last edited by mko; 02-17-2009 at 04:46 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ok so if I want to swap my 97's harness for the power windows/ect. into the 94, I know i dont need the engine bays harness, would it be adaptable to the 94's harness?? Or does anybody know how to wire up the power windows/locks to the 94?? I just want my power!!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    my 94 was manufactured in december 93, obd 1.5, big pain in the ass
    I know, but we only known so little about the hybrid ecu. Fast forward a few years: 94-95 Mirage 4G93 ecu swap for a leaner top end(SOHC), the Evo1-3 ecu has the same pinout as the early 7G and are eprom, there are hybrid dataloggers available at an affordable cost, 94-97 RVR/Space Runner and 95-96 Euro Eclipse ecus are plug and play but very hard to locate/find.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Got lucky and found a 95 es in the j/y with power everything and swapped the harnesses in. Used the 97's door harnesses and the 95's switches and all I've got so far is the passenger mirror to work, but everything has power. Should I have used the door harnesses from the 95 or do you think the 97's harness is the same?? Locks all work, door speakers all work and everything went smoothly, except for the windows, and all the motors work cause I had to manually power the motors to roll up the windows. Any thoughts of what the prob might be?? Relays are all in the drivers side master switch. Fuses are all good and the harness for the drivers master switch is getting power, Maybe the master switch is bad?? I'm going to try to get a replacement from the j/y off a 96-98 and see if they work.

TGC Regular
    So ne one have and obd 1.5 reader that i can buy???

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    So ne one have and obd 1.5 reader that i can buy???
    Evoscan for Evo 1-3.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

lo_boost
    Sorry to bring this back form the dead but are the EPROMs the same as the 95 Eclipse ECUs? I am new to the Galant world but Have many years in DSMs.

Quote Originally Posted by lo_boost View Post
    Sorry to bring this back form the dead but are the EPROMs the same as the 95 Eclipse ECUs? I am new to the Galant world but Have many years in DSMs.
    not quite, nobody wastes time messing with galant ecu's since we can swap to eclipse or evo ecu's also galants don't have knock sensors

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

lo_boost
    Ok yeah i have a spair 95 EPROM out of a talon ill use. Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12