The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Water Pump

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Water Pump

I did my timing belt not long ago and now i hear from a lot of my friends that its matter of time when i fuck up my car i dont change water pump. Is that true ? is my water pump most likely to get damaged because of new timing belt? if yes is hard or i can do it by my self
    Last edited by kondypl; 05-12-2009 at 04:35 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    no, what your friend means is that while you were changing your timing belt you should have changed your water pump at the same time to prevent having to change it later and pay double to do the timing all over again

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

so im not in big risk but if water pumps break i have to do timing belt again?

most likly that you do the water pump at the same time with the timing belt
    but with changing the one not the other might result in having it done twice.
    Meaning that chaning the water pump when changing the timing belt is for prevenitive maintaince.

no but the water pump is not accessible without removing the timing belt so to replace it you will have to remove the timing belt and put it back on..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

so u would recommend me to do it?

TGC Regular
    If you did your timing belt yourself before that go ahead and do it. But if you had a shop do the belt then what i would do is go get your pump replaced and just for percausion get your belt replaced again....

if u want to be 100% safe and u feel u can redo the timing belt then -- its cheap insurance to go and replace it. I recommend just like everyone else to replace it but its not a necessity -- even mitsu will not replace it unless u ask them or its faulty so its ur choice. When it goes it will most likely show symptoms like leaking or higher temps. Water pump is like 40 bucks from autozone or advance.. Some will say dont use autozone or whatever parts use dealer parts but i use dealer parts on my galant and advance auto parts on my mazda and none of them give me ne problems...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    he might as well just hold off but remember the symptoms mentioned above and be ready to change them and while ur at it change the belts 2 i just think it would be expensive if u try to get it changed but if ur rolling on $$$$$$$ then go for it
    03 I4

thanks for answers , ill hold on now , maybe ill change it over the summer if i have money and time