schick

Axle hub size

Does anyone know the hub size for 7G's?

Thanks

MitsuMan
    HUB CAP? THATS 15' OR 14 CANT RECALL , I GOTS RIMS

schick
    Not hub cap sizes!
    Hub size -> axle hub size, for hubcentric wheels.
    I want to know this for when I get new wheels, for the hubcentric rings.

Dark Anghell
    It doesn't say in the manual I have. But if you're talking about the lug pattern, then it's 4x114. If you're talking about the axle that sticks out a little, then it should be a little larger than accords.

schick
    Jeez, doesn't anyone know what hubcentric means! (JK!)

Here is a excerpt from the SCC website:

Centering
    The other element that affects directly whether a wheel can be bolted onto a car is hubcentricity. Long ago, in the deep mists of time, wheels were located by the taper of the lug nuts or bolts. This could lead to all sorts of problems, but they can be summarized by saying centering was liable to be less than perfect, and the sheer stress on wheel bolts or studs could be enormous. I am not aware of any passenger car wheels now made that are not hubcentric. Hubcentric wheels have a hole at their center that fits closely over a round feature on the hub, serving to center the wheel on the axis of the spindle, as well as bear the vertical weight of the vehicle. The wheel bolts or studs then serve simply to hold the wheel onto the hub, and are loaded only in tension, where they are strong. If the studs were required to absorb vertical forces, they would be loaded in single shear, the weakest arrangement for any fastener. Factory wheels are all machined to fit their specific application exactly, and some of the better aftermarket wheels are, too. However, many aftermarket wheels rely on centering rings. This means that, instead of machining wheels specifically for each O.E. centering hole diameter, the wheel manufacturer machines all wheels to one size, and then uses inserts to give a centering surface of the diameter required for each application. This is obviously easier to do, and makes inventorying a complete wheel line much simpler and less costly. If you buy wheels that use centering rings, be sure the rings fit snugly in the wheels. If they are loose enough to fall out, how accurately can they be locating your wheel? Some tire shops automatically remove centering rings to balance a wheel, just to make sure there is no slop to make their balancing inaccurate.

The fact that a wheel physically bolts onto a car doesn't necessarily mean it "fits." The centering surface could be too large, in which case there essentially is no centering. Just as importantly, the offset could be wrong.

MitsuMan
    I dont have hubcentric rings on my car nor do i think that i would need them, however if u are sold on this idea, then obviously you are going to have to find ones that fit in your center caps of your rims, i am pretty sure, that they make onces that are universal, other wise just look for specific ones made for eclips 2g, because they share the same platform as the galant,...this is just my deal though, i have never heard of anyone using these just for gettin new wheels

schick
    Well... some wheels do not require the rings, as they are the correct size.
    I just ordered Motegi MR8's, 17x7, +42 offset JUST LIKE THESE
    When I ordered them, the guy asked for the car type they were to be installed on so that he sends the correct hub rings.

I guess that's the answer, just make sure you get them (rings) from the place that you get your wheels from.
    But what if you buy used wheels? that's the reason I was asking this question.

appreciate the help though!

MitsuMan
    OEM wheels are hubcentric. They are produced in such a way that they fit snugly
    on the hub (wheel mount location). The hub has a ridge on it that mates to the
    backside of the wheel. This is done to ensure proper centering
    of the wheel on the hub.

Aftermarket wheels are usually overbored on the backside for different car applications.
    Special adapter rings are manufactured for individual cars to ensure their wheel is
    hub-centered when mounted.

If not properly centered, you can have a steering wheel shimmy.

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>
    KABOOM</span>