The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VALVE ADJUSTMENTS & ROUGH IDLE

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    clone2020

VALVE ADJUSTMENTS & ROUGH IDLE

I'm having rough idle problems.

It idles at 750rpms but the steering wheel vibrates.

When should you adjust your engine's valves? ...every 30k?

And do I need to take it in to the dealer to have them adjusted?

or is my rough idle caused by something else.

I've done almost everything except take the engine apart.

-Mike.

BlueESV6
    Welcome,

I'm pretty sure the lifters are hydraulic and therefore no adjustments are necessary. I have a V6 and have never heard of adjusting the valves unless you have to replace a lifter. Could your motor mounts be going? Also, a popular remedy for idle is to clean the throttle body.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome,

I'm pretty sure the lifters are hydraulic and therefore no adjustments are necessary. I have a V6 and have never heard of adjusting the valves unless you have to replace a lifter. Could your motor mounts be going? Also, a popular remedy for idle is to clean the throttle body.</div>

-I already cleaned the throttle body the best I could without taking it apart?

-Do I need to take the TB apart?

-Mike.

BlankMan
    Blue makes a good point on the mounts, too. I think was was a recall for mounts on some models. Have you had those checked out?

J

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Blue makes a good point on the mounts, too. Â*I think was was a recall for mounts on some models. Â*Have you had those checked out?

J</div>

How much shock/vibrations should the motor mounts take?

My motor mounts have some stretch marks and rest more towards the bottom of the mount. (not in the center)

Also, my engine vibrates but my car body does not...only my engine and my steering wheel.

-Mike.