The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake and Exhuast questions....

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Intake and Exhuast questions....

Ok I searched all the 9G section and found no vital information as far as what I am looking to do.... now I plan to install the Maganflow Catback off a 4th gen Eclipse oh and its for the GS since I have the DE (since its all the same frame and whatnot!) but I do not want to install headers due to 02 sensor and local smog restrictions and have you.... my questions are these

1- is installing a catback with stock headers like pissing against the wind here?? or is it ok and you will still feel a difference (provided I have the intake installed or course)

2- Does anyone here have it installed and if so what problems did you come across as far as bolt pattern, etc? (if there were any!!)

3- I saw on the RIPPMOD website that the brat box is good to have for when you install things like a intake or anything for OBD code reason.... has anyone here who has installed an intake not installed a brat box?... any CEL's on or what?? or in basic terms can I get away with installing an intake with no brat box without popping the CEL??

Ok I know this is totally noob questions but I was always looking for a show look versus performance but I am now looking for the performance side of it....

Hey if you have any cat back suggestions for the 2.4 9G let me know I am looking into any and everything... I want a lil more pep to my step... and since I do live in flood zone I have to settle for the short ram so I am going with the Injen... unless there is another intake of some good value out there...

its a lil hard to make a significant boost in hp... at most headers intake and complete exhaust plus misc. stuff for a 4 cylinder will make say 20-25 hp at most...u wont feel anything really, its kinda in the head that makes you think ur going a lil faster with all the money you spent lol. Ur better off going custom turbo or perhaps an sds from ripp. aem's fic will give you a nice tune of approx 10 whp and i hear RRE is getting pretty good at tuning the aem with the 4g's. im at the point where maybe a newer car might be better, but i still have love for the g.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

ahhhh ok.... yup I knew the thought of getting an EVO was appealing for some reason-LOL

Thanks bro!

hey if youve got the money, it cant hurt right?