The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New guage PROBLEM

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

New guage PROBLEM

I Jus bought some new white guage over lays for my 01 galant. They're jus little sticker overlays and after i installed them and put the gauges back in the fuel gauge doesnt seem to be workn...i was gentle takin everything out and putn it back it..its like theres a short in the cluster! Anyone whose got info please help me out!!

You either pushed the needle down too far and it won't travel or you moved the fuel gauge out of position and it has to be re calibrated. Do a search on fuel gauge.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    You either pushed the needle down too far and it won't travel or you moved the fuel gauge out of position and it has to be re calibrated. Do a search on fuel gauge.
    lol fishboy your sig scares me..

anyways i think you just pushed the needle too far back, i mean the white guages go OVER your old one. so theres going to be less room, i would just make sure its not that first.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

id say its where its got moved....so it wont work even if i set it back rite where it was when i pulled it out..i got the stickers all the way undert the needle so i dont think it would be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    id say its where its got moved....so it wont work even if i set it back rite where it was when i pulled it out..i got the stickers all the way undert the needle so i dont think it would be stuck.
    hmm.. well sounds like you had it apart again, but if you havent, definately unplug the cluster and plug it back in. the whole things electronic. While you have it off you mise well clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol just to make sure its not something dumb like that. let us know if it still doenst work

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

when you took off the needle for the fuel gauge did you make notice where it was so you could put it back in the right spot? Unlike the other gauges that all the needles go to zero when the car is off (RPM, MPH, TEMP) im pretty sure the gas gauge doesnt. Maybe you moved it to far down and its not going to read correctly until your fuel level reaches that point. Know what i mean?

yea....i never took the needle off i jus moved it but it jus magiacally started working again like most mitsubishis do lol....thanks for the help tho...i was about to jus replace it lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    yea....i never took the needle off i jus moved it but it jus magiacally started working again like most mitsubishis do lol....thanks for the help tho...i was about to jus replace it lol
    lol i love magic...

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i bought the same one's but i didn't like then cheap looking so i trashed them