The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Swap or Tranny Swap???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Engine Swap or Tranny Swap???

Ok so it's been awhile since I've been on here...Along while....

So back when I was active I had my driver side ball joint break on me got that all fixed up no problem.

Well a few week's ago I had my passanger ball joint break doing 50. Needless to say the passanger fender is all tore up and the transmission is basically shot. I have first and third gear and nothing else. So lookin at it I was tryin to find a tranny or /63 combo to replace the whole thing.

I stumbled across someone who is selling a 96(mine 98.) for $100. The engine is gone but the tranny is good. Now my original G was totaled and a new front clip was welded on and that's how i bought it. This other car though has a clean title.

So should I just take my good engine out of my 98 and take the 96 tranny put those together and put it in the 96.

Or drop the 98 tranny out and slip in the 96. Any thoughts?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Id probably swap to the 96 if it has a better body.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Id probably swap to the 96 if it has a better body.
    I agree. You can do an engine swap in a weekend. Swap anything else off your car if you go this route also.
    1996 Galant S

I'm starting to lean this way. Mainly as this 96' has a clean title mine is currently a salvage so I can get a little higher resale if needed. Also I can take out engine and all out the 96, slap on this drifter v2 kit that has been in the garage for a year get it all fitted and painted and then drop engine in if i can find someone to borrow a hoist from...

And of course swap my JDM lights on over :)