The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Showing results 221 to 240 of 445
    Experienced TGC Member
    Man we need tutorials on the tachometer and stuff seriously. The tach problem is a HUGE reason why i havent wanted to do the swap. I was hoping someone would come up with a solution before i started.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    This is genius, why didn't I think of doing that!
    You know what they say about genius, 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration. I just really wanted it to work so I kept trying different things until I found one that worked. Getting the 2g tach mounted properly and wired in is by no means easy. If you put your mind to it though you'll find a way to do it.

Any other thoughts on how to make that front cover a little nicer? If I can find a white 7gb one with the filler panel up top for a decent price I'll be doing this again but I want to do it right.

EDIT: didn't see page 12 asking for the tutorial. I'll see about pulling my gauge cluster and snapping a picture or two of what I did.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 01-05-2010 at 11:57 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Yea... TBH i dont like it... the grilles between the headlights need to stay and u need to fiberglass the mesh in the front to get rid of the bolts. This is kind of hard to explain but this is what they used when they sent my body kit that had spots for mesh. Its damn near the same flimsy metal shit thats used in the thin paper binder things. You know where you have to fold the tabs back and shit.. .if you can find soemthing like that and mount it behind the bumper then just use your skills to make it work that way it would look better.
    ^^^^Add a lip, I prefer the Type R one.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

I deffinately like the opening where you removed the grills. After its is meshed it will look alot better. You could use a good strong epoxy to secure the mesh without the rivets. Add a lip. It makes the 7gb front look complete IMO. Mugen or type R either one looks good. I personally am partial to the mugen. there is another pu lip on ebay, it looks real nice also. There is a member on here who has it. white car with the bright section of heads painted yellow.

Ok, for one, for the tach situation, wouldn't a galant gs tach work with the swap? the gs uses coilpacks instead of the distrib. for two, kaufmanb92eb is right , the 7gb front does look the best with the lip, Id'e get it. I am not particular to the opening you cut for the IC or the mesh, you can find smaller mesh on andysautosport.com thats smaller and thinner and just attatch it with epoxy. I like the stock opening on the 7gb front and should be more than efficient for the IC. By the way, kaufman92eb, Where did you get the lip for your white galant with the orig 7g front and what do I look for? Ok, Back on toppic, otherwise great work on the awd and turbo swap.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Yes a Galant GS tach should work fine but I didn't have one handy. I don't know how easy they are to get either. Turbo Eclipse tachs should be easy to find.

I'd love to add a lip to the car and was planning to do so. What year Integra should I buy it for? I like the Mugen one btw.

I did buy some epoxy when I started the project but wasn't sure if I wanted to use it. I'll give it a try on the upper mesh and see how it works out. I'll likely be using a different bumper cover for the final product. This one has all the mounting tabs at the fenders broken off. It is more beat up than the photos show so I don't think I'll be trying to fix it up.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

all tach's should be the same. all it should matter where you tap for the signal. try tapping at the ecu at the crank position sensor wire.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

eclipsh...look for a lip for a dc2 integra. There are tons on ebay. that where i got mine. The epoxy should be fine for the mesh. I cought my lip on a curb and broke it in half. I used epoxy to glue it back together and you couldn't even tell it was ever broken and it held up doing 95 on the freeway.

97dsm...The lip I put on my white galant front end is a stock lip from a 94 accord. I saw it at pulland save and thought what the hell I will try it. I think it actually came out looking not to bad. I did have to screw it on from the underside.

Just used my birthday money to pick these up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
    Last edited by eclipsh; 01-22-2010 at 01:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    Just used my birthday money to pick these up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...view=all&tid=0
    link no worky

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Ooops...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Should work now. I replaced the original link too.

Experienced TGC Member
    Not a bad price for the set man, good purchase! How you holding up down there with all that snow!??

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

oooh nice!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

The snow is miserable. The piles are so deep around my driveway the snow blower won't throw it up over unless I'm catching it just right. I actually had to modify the snow blower today so it could get through everything! It was so deep the blower was going under it instead of getting it all so I extended the cowl up. All in all not so much fun. How is the snow up there?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    The snow is miserable. The piles are so deep around my driveway the snow blower won't throw it up over unless I'm catching it just right. I actually had to modify the snow blower today so it could get through everything! It was so deep the blower was going under it instead of getting it all so I extended the cowl up. All in all not so much fun. How is the snow up there?
    Hahah, dude that sucks! Snow up here?? What snow? It was like 50* yesterday lol...wish it would snow a bit though. Hey at least with all the snow you can work on the car some...that is if you have enough time after trying to dig out

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

haha i was looking at those too... Qnz and I were talking about em... Whats the compression on those pistons?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Nah, no time to work on the car. I'm an engineering student now and swamped with school work plus my wife and I are expecting our first baby sometime this next week. Free time is going to be nil until summer.

The compression should be around 9:1. Should make for a quick spooling setup.

Not something I did to the car exactly but still something I'd like to mention:

http://mitsubishi.gearboxmagazine.com/

http://mitsubishi.gearboxmagazine.co...-4g63-and-awd/

Mitsubishi Gearbox Magazine honored me and my car with a feature. Thanks for all the help I've gotten from all of you here :)
    Last edited by eclipsh; 02-15-2010 at 07:47 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Awsome man...so you are the infamous 7g owner that the owner of Mitsubishi Gearbox was telling me about. Congrats

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Congrats! its great to see you get recognized for your hard work.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast