The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
Showing results 381 to 400 of 445
    i absolutely love the oil cooler placement .....howd yu run the lines ? and would yu please post ap ic of yur driver side mount for me thanks truly an inspiration
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Thanks. The cooler is for the power steering, not the oil (pulled the factory PS cooler when installing the FMIC). It is just the auto trans cooler reused. I ran the lines from the reservoir then into the pump feed. The driver's side motor mount is just the stock 2g mount, nothing special. I'm using the factory 2.4 L 7-bolt block. In the past I was using a 7 bolt 4G63 out of a 2G Talon which uses the same mounts. You sent me a PM about the 6 bolt mounting. I don't know the answer. It has been done a million times though. Go do a search on DSM Tuners or on here.

Side note: I had to spend a minute trying to figure out what you were actually asking. I almost didn't answer your question because of the way it was written. Please use full words. It makes everyone's life easier. I'm not saying this to be a dick but it is a pet peeve of mine and really gets my hackles up.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 05-13-2012 at 12:41 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    To fit the 6 bolt into a 7 bolt car you hav to trim the stock 2g mount to clear the 6 bolt water pump and then it bolts up normally
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I used to have my oil cooler over there when I had my Black GS. Once I put the diamond edition bumper on the white GS I had to move it up and over behind the grill inserts under the header panel.
    I probably ought to get a small cooler for my power steering and mount it where eclipsh mounted his. Mine had been looped off for years.

Can't wait to see your ride all shined up!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Just white primer right now. Found a few spots that need more sanding.

- Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

car looks good. need more vids!!!!
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

needs a lip!
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    needs a lip!
    I agree. If I can find one dirt cheap I'll put it on but I've already spent more on my car in the last month than I should have. Any suggestions on where to get a cheap lip that looks good?

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    I agree. If I can find one dirt cheap I'll put it on but I've already spent more on my car in the last month than I should have. Any suggestions on where to get a cheap lip that looks good?
    Buy a $50 polyurethane lip for a civic on ebay. They are super easy to fit and they are really durable but they are a bitch to keep paint on because they flex.

Here is my Type R. I have had it on two Galants now both lowered and it only has a few scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

A few updates. I added a pair of these lights in the rear.

They are out of my parents 2004 Jetta that got crushed by a tree.

I also did more work on the bumper.

I like the lights eclipsh!! The bumper is turning out to be a one a kind as well :)

Thanks again for the help man, I got that stuff figured out :)
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Finally got the modifications and paint on the bumper done so I took some crappy cell phone pictures as soon as I bolted it up.

Heh, I noticed with that lighting it looks like the big opening is all skewed like the car is making a face. It isn't. The opening is all nice and even.

Also, yes the rest of the car is dirty and has stone chips. The whole thing desperately needs a paint job but likely won't get it any time soon.

Last edited by eclipsh; 05-27-2012 at 10:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post

Also, yes the rest of the car is dirty and has stone chips. The whole thing desperately needs a paint job but likely won't get it any time soon.
    I just don't understand how your paint got so chipped up... Its like someone drifted it in gravel....... .. . . ... .. . . .. . ....... ... . . . dot dot dot....

http://youtu.be/Y6QIKr6FmLs

it just..... doesn't make any sense lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Looks sick BTW. Gonna get some world spec or JDM heads to get your full turn signal functionality back?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

LOL, that looks a lot like my car for some reason.

Thanks for the compliment. I am really happy with the center section. I was thinking it looks like earlier model Evos.

The paint has looked like crap since I got it. The clear coat is peeling really bad.

I moved the tun signals up into the headlights. They are in the clear section right next to the amber corners. I took the lights apart and used a dremel to open the housings up to fit a standard amber turn bulb and then cut notches so the light base could be turned to lock into place. Then I moved the marker lights over into the amber section and called it good.

putting some JDM head lights would clean it up and the corners are designed to be signals on them. I know you probably dont want to spend the money on them but they would look good on the car.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I just realized I never got around to posting a better photo of my front end.

Old and busted:

New hotness:

This summer I also redid my engine harness to clean it up and, just recently, fixed my cruise control wiring so it works. Turns out I needed to wire in a different sensor for the clutch pedal. Just did that yesterday and I'm stoked to have the cruise control. I've been using it everywhere just because I can.

I also installed a pair of 6th gen Celica seats up front. They are way more supportive than the stock seats, still comfy, sit me about 3" lower and cost $50 at the salvage yard. They aren't a match to the rear seats but if I have lots of extra time someday I'll redo everything (never gonna happen). I'll get pics of them up sometime soon. Lots of custom work to make them fit. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone inexperienced.

Also, I need to break out my real camera instead of my cell, wash the car and snap some better pictures :P
    Last edited by eclipsh; 08-17-2012 at 09:44 PM

I wanna see the SEATS! LOL...i need to replace my fronts with something lighter...
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

The Celica seats are way lighter, probably about half the weight of the stock ones. The install was rough though. The driver's seat still isn't quite where I want it. I'll get some photos soon with a real camera.

Sweet. Car is looking much better these days!
    I think Seth has some celica seats in his old silver car.

I'm pretty impressed that you figured out the cruise control. I never could so I just deleted the whole system in favor of a 95s non-cruise throttle cable. Which I think makes road trips much longer lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast