The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
Showing results 401 to 420 of 445
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Since I swapped I don't have cruise and I drive the car to Tennessee and back every year and I will say there was a lot of ankle cramping lol. When I do my engine swap I have really been thinking of finding a 5 speed stock harness to eliminate a lot of the wiring mess I have and then it should have the wire for the cruise control there.

Car looks great man. I still have AWD aspirations over here just waiting to graduate college and get a better job.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

The cruise rewire is pretty straight forward. Pin 3 on cruise computer has a black wire with a yellow stripe going to it. The same wire is shared with the brake light. Just clip that wire at pin 3, then connect that pin to a normally open switch on the clutch pedal. Run 12V to the input of the switch. When the clutch pedal is up the pin will see 12V, and 0V when it is depressed. There is a 4 pin switch on the brake pedal that is what you need. Just pick up one of those with the harness plug and wire it in. I think I need to wire another pin of the switch ground though because right now when I push my clutch pedal in it doesn't cancel the cruise control. The switch must need to pull that pin to ground to work properly (not really surprising but I wasn't considering that when I wired it).
    Last edited by eclipsh; 08-19-2012 at 04:43 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Mine has to be something with the speedo wiring because it was 5 speed from the factory. I bet if I ran a new wire over from the speedo signal wire it would work just fine, after I put the cruise throttle setup back in of course.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    The Celica seats are way lighter, probably about half the weight of the stock ones. The install was rough though. The driver's seat still isn't quite where I want it. I'll get some photos soon with a real camera.
    Hopefully I can grab a set this weekend and finish removing the sunroof. I hate weight.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Finally took a couple decent shots of the car. Still no seat photos :P

I've been working on tuning the car but keep getting what I think is phantom knock. I've got to get some time to get it up on a lift and check for rattling parts then go from there. Hakcenter on DS-MAP thinks the 1g knock sensor just doesn't like the 2.4 but I don't think that is it.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Your car is so PLAINN lol I can imagine people's reactions to the truth about it
    That's not a sleeper its in a coma
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Looks good eclipsh!
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

hey could you dig up your precise specs on that rear subframe spacer you had to make thanks
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Summer time again and time for some work on the car. I'm hoping to do a lot of wiring on the car again. I am still getting phantom knock along with some other intermittent wiring problems. It isn't really surprising considering the body has 330k miles on it. I've decided I need to replace a lot of the body wiring on the car and may upgrade to a late 2g or Evo ECU and sell my Ostrich. I'm just not liking the Speed Density tuning or Jackal.

I've still got the engine fuse box and wiring from the 95 Talon donor but sold the ECU and engine harness. I'm debating switching all the front end wiring to Eclipse/Talon wiring including under the dash then just adapting the body wiring. Otherwise I'll go to OBDII Galant wiring under the dash and adapt a 2g M/T DSM engine harness.

If anyone has these parts for sale I'd be interested.

On a side note, has anyone checked to see if the 98 Galant ECU is flashable? I was reading that the 2.4 Spyder ECU is and I doubt they did much different for the Galant.

The galants started having black box ecu with the 8g. Nothing before that
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Go for a GS or 96-98 Galant harness then add or convert a small handful. Its way cleaner and all the accessories and fuse box will fit where its supposed to(trust me been there done that). 2g flashable ecu's are fairly easy and cheap to get.
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 05-19-2013 at 01:23 PM

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Some 98s have black box ecus.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Honestly any 02-06 lancer can be flash with an Evo rom
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

That is good info. I know the local salvage yard has a Lancer I could pick over and a 97-8 Galant I can buy a harness off of. I'm thinking of buying the whole Galant and parting it out if they don't want too much for it. Body is ugly and getting it legal for the road is more hassle now or I'd just swap my parts into it.

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted (i.e. probably a couple years). But I've been silently following this thread and just wanted to chime in to say you've do an amazing job, Eclipsh. Thank you for taking the time to post your continued progress for us all.
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

Well I hit the junk yard today and pulled a few useful items. I grabbed a 97 Galant engine harness and OBDII port. I didn't have time to pull the dash to get the dash harness. I also snagged a #609 MAF, an MN132867 ECU out of an '04 Lancer and a light weight flyweel for a 7-bolt DSM. I'm not sure if it is a FWD or AWD flywheel as I haven't checked the diameter yet. I may hang onto it for the next clutch job I do or I may sell it. The whole pile ran $120. I almost snagged an Evo 8 ECU but they wanted $300 for it.

The research I've done this afternoon hasn't turned up anything about flashing the Lancer ECU. The wiring is also very different from the 2g/Evo setup. I think I'll probably sell it and look for a different ECU, most likely a 98-99 GST/X or Evo 8 ECU. I've read the Eclipse ECU isn't really getting much attention these days so the Evo unit may be a better choice. I'm open to suggestions though.

After digging around more I decided to pull the trigger on a 99 ECU. Looks like there are some headaches with the Evo unit I don't want and the price went way up on them ($250 was the cheapest I found). I picked up a 99 DSM ECU for $120.

at least once you are OBD2 and flashable it is the same to tune the evo ecu if anything ever changes. I know many cars over 700 hp on stock evo ecus so in the right hands they are awesome. good luck with everything
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Very interested in the harness integration please list all the changes you need to to make.

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

A manual 3g eclipse ecu is the same as the evo

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast