The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
Showing results 421 to 440 of 445
    Sorry they're a bit dirty but I just got back from the salvage yard with these:

They were missing the left front caliper so I'll need to buy that and fabricate brackets for the front. My buddy and I took the whole rear end out of the car. He took the pumpkin to put into his 92 Talon and I took the rest. Not sure if any of the control arms are useful to someone.

I also picked up a 95 GSX engine harness to donate parts to the new harness and the 95 EPROM ecu in case I go with DSM Link in the future.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I'm working on the pin list for making the 99 GST ecu work with the 97 Galant engine harness. Here is what it looks like so far:

Added:
    Pin Function
    3 Fuel Pressure Solenoid
    11 Turbo Wastegate Solenoid
    16 Boost Meter
    52 Ignition Timing Adjustment Connector
    78 Knock Sensor

Switch
    Pin Function
    Galant 58 to Eclipse 31 Engine Ignition Signal
    Contrary to suggestions in other threads I do not see a reason to switch injector wiring. They appear to be identical.

Replace
    Pin Function
    4 ISC Coil A1
    5 ISC Coil B1
    10 Ignition Power Transistor (A to coil for cyl 1 & 4)
    17 ISC Motor Coil A2
    18 ISC Motor Coil B2
    23 Ignition Power Transistor (B to coil for cyl 2 & 3)

I'm replacing all the ISC wiring because I'm using a 92 Eclipse NT throttle body which has a connector that matches the 2gA wiring harness I have.

Remove (Mostly because I'm a manual trans)
    Pin Function
    7 Torque Reduce Execute Signal
    43 Torque Reduce Request Signal 2
    46 Torque Reduce Request Signal 1 (Why would I want to reduce Torque?!!!)
    61 Fuel Tank Differential Pressure Sensor (Not used in GST pin diagram I have)

Everything else matches up as far as the ECU is concerned. What I haven't checked yet is if the 7gA and 7gB harnesses match each other at the rest of the connections. That will take some time to verify and will likely be much more of a pain in my ass.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 06-22-2013 at 08:43 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

why replacing the Ostrich?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I am not satisfied with Jackal or speed density as a tuning system. Also, going to a 1g ECU made me have to do a lot of tweaking for radiator fan and air conditioning control that never worked as well as I'd like. I'm going back to a MAF sensor and a newer ECU.

You wouldn happen to remember how you wired your mpi relay for the 1g would ya. I read and followed your diagrams but i guess i missed it somewhere. I got fire and sensors are correct just no fuel pump unless i. Use the check connector i put 1g pins 13 on pin 1 of galant mpi and 63 and 66 on pin 6 mpi. That was my best guess after looking through and comparing diagrams.

I'm sorry but when I got that working it was kind of a crazy mess and I don't recall what I had to do. I can check it when I pull my current harness out. Ask me again when I have the hew system running.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    I am not satisfied with Jackal or speed density as a tuning system. Also, going to a 1g ECU made me have to do a lot of tweaking for radiator fan and air conditioning control that never worked as well as I'd like. I'm going back to a MAF sensor and a newer ECU.
    you can always pick up maf translator and run that too

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Have you ever given thought to going with the OBD2 but with an EPROM ECU and DSMlink? It is very user friendly and I think easier to use than flashing with ecuflash. I know whichever you choose the car will run awesome just wondering if you ever thought about that route
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I'm sorry but when I got that working it was kind of a crazy mess and I don't recall what I had to do. I can check it when I pull my current harness out. Ask me again when I have the hew system running.
    Ok hopefully I will figure it out before hand. Lol

I made a lot of progress on my new harness this week. I've pulled most of the wires I need out of the GGT harness as well as removed the wires I don't need from the 7GB harness. I decided to swap over all the injector wiring to avoid as many cuts and solder joints as I could in the harness. I also swapped over the MAF wiring since the Galant wiring is too short to put the MAF up front where I want it.

One problem I found is the 95 GST and 97 Galant use slightly different pins for the ECU connectors. I can make them work together in the same housing but it isn't perfect. I'll have to take pictures if anyone wants a detailed explanation.

GT10 - I have a 95 EPROM ECU in the garage in case I want to use DSM Link but I just bought my OpenPort 2.0 cable so I'm going to give that a try.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 06-29-2013 at 11:01 PM

I thought about going with a Jackal setup but can't justify the price on an older ECU.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Haven't been on much lately since the site has been so rough to navigate. I did want to post up that I took the car to an autocross event for the first time.

The car was great, quick throttle response, neutral handling and just all sorts of fun. I did determine I need better brakes (can't wait to put the Brembos on) and better tires. I got a new set of snows on the Evo 8 wheels so next spring I'll be shopping for a set of summer wheels and tires.

The wiring harness hasn't gone anywhere for a few weeks. Here is the last picture I took of it. I'm getting very close. I just need a weekend where I can sit in the garage and wrap it up.

Autocross is a fun event! you run with scca? From the autocross ive wtached the suburu guys have a tough time with under steer and the evos turn in pretty good. Whats the split on your awd? sounds like its pretty decent handler with out any yaw control.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Yeah, it is an SCCA sponsored event. This was the first time I took the Galant out. There were some very quick STI's out there and one very quick Evo 8.

My torque split is 50/50, non-adjustable just like the Eclipse GSX it is based on. Here is a video of my at the same location several years ago in my 1g DSM.

Yeah man, having brembos is a whole another story. Car looks great bro. Looking at the harness reminded me of the nightmare i was having for two days a few months ago.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

@*()$@_)*~!~~!!!!!!!!

I got the new ECU and harness installed in rough form. It reads sensors and reflashes just fine. Unfortunately I wired the starter system wrong so I had to fix that.

I also decided to put an insulated bulkhead stud through the firewall next to the harness pass-through so I could connect my rear mounted battery nicely without going through the harness pass. When I did it I shorted the battery and apparently found a weak spot in my chassis wiring harness. Thankfully I've got a breaker on that line so it kicked off without a fire. Unfortunately, the power wire to the main fuse block under the dash is is now shorted to ground. That wire runs with a bundle that wraps all the way around the front of the car and behind the driver's fender. So it looks like I'm ripping the front of my car off to track down a short. I'm guessing the cladding was already damaged since I was having some electrical problems before. I guess I just forced some troubleshooting on that part of the car!

On a side note, I just accepted a job that will require traveling 240-270 days a year. I'll be in Houston for training in a few weeks then driving all over the country (in a company truck, not the G). It means I won't have any time for my car hobby for a couple years so I'm planning to get the car in good shape and leave it alone until I'm home more.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 11-02-2013 at 10:01 PM

That's awesome on getting the new job! Sucks bout the short though.

I'll be in Houston for Renn Fair in 2 weeks :DD
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

It runs!

.... not very well yet, but it does run. Got the wiring issue resolved. Turns out I fried the breaker, not the wiring. I misdiagnosed the fuse power line because it goes to ground whenever a door or the trunk is open (the lights). I put a new breaker in (150A from AutoZone) and it fired right up. I need to play with the tune a bit to get it running just right and need to finish bundling the harness.

The ren fare would be fun but I doubt I'll make it there. Hope you have fun!

Bad a! Need a vid when its nice and tuned.

Thanks and Im sure I will. Camping and drinking all day starting at the break of dawn, for 3 days? Yes please!
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Looks like it may be time to pass my project on. I am getting a small amount of rod knock and no longer have the time or energy to devote to this car. If anyone is interested in it shoot me an offer or questions. Body and interior are 5-6/10.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 11-28-2014 at 11:03 PM

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast