The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 445
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    nice work and info here.. i wanna pick up anther 7g and make it awd and your helping me out a lot.. keep it up
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thanks :) After talking to my friend about intercoolers and making piping I decided to just buy a kit. I just picked this one up off eBay. Seemed like the best deal I could find.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    Thanks :) After talking to my friend about intercoolers and making piping I decided to just buy a kit. I just picked this one up off eBay. Seemed like the best deal I could find.
    thats a nice kit. i wish my pipe came with a flange for a stock bov (1g) instead of the tail one. very nice build.
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

great job man! this is what we all would like to do!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I was wrapping up the last of the wiring this morning and noticed something under the dash; what looks like an OBDII port. The build date on my car is Feb 94. Odd...

At any rate, I'm all done with wiring save the radiator fans. I'm looking into which temp sensor wire I'll need to tap but I ran out of time this morning. Tomorrow I'll measure for the drive shaft, drop the rear subframe to finish the brake cables and gas tank and install the wiring harness.

Oh, and I hooked pin 45 of the Galant to pin 7 of the DSM ECU for the A/C pressure switch.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Yep it's an OBD 2 port...I'm trying to figure that bit out myself to be honest.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

thats a part of OBD1.5. it has obd1 and obd2 plugs and in order to read a code with a scanner you have to use both
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    great job man! this is what we all would like to do!
    defintly i plan on doing this and seeing it done is amazing.. cant wait to see this done
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Well I got the wiring harness in and I'm getting it all hooked up. I also got a delivery today, my new FMIC. I'll pull the front cover off today and see how it'll fit.

EDIT: How the heck does this thing think I have 3 posts total? Oh and when does Newbie status go away so I can update my garage/photos etc?

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    Well I got the wiring harness in and I'm getting it all hooked up. I also got a delivery today, my new FMIC. I'll pull the front cover off today and see how it'll fit.

EDIT: How the heck does this thing think I have 3 posts total? Oh and when does Newbie status go away so I can update my garage/photos etc?
    post only count in tech forums. wich you should have more.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Proto
    Can't wait to see the finished product

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    post only count in tech forums. wich you should have more.
    You know, that does make me wonder why this got moved. It is loaded with good technical information on doing the swap, from wiring to custom fabrication and all that jazz.

At any rate, my FMIC showed up this afternoon. I pulled the front cover off in preparation for installing it. I ran out of electrical tape for the wiring harness but everything is plugged in. I may stick the battery in and hook my logger up to see how much I did right.

Almost there...

Well my buddy Rick came over to the house yesterday and we got the Galant onto a trailer. Off it went to his place where we got it up on his lift and started working.

Rick spent the day working on fitting my FMIC. He's very particular about how things are made so he took his time but did a great job mounting it and routing the piping.

I spent the day working on getting the carrier bearing bracket and fitting the exhaust. Rick had the idea to put 4" bolts through the top of the carrier bearing plate and body of the car to bolt it through the top and skip welding it to the car. If you look at the bracket in the picture below you can see two small holes on the flat plate where I drilled through the car. The bolts aren't in it.

After that I got the exhaust going, cutting up the 3" Apexi that was on the Talon and fitting it into the tighter tunnel of the Galant. The Talon exhaust had a lot of extra kinks and bends in the center that made it impossible to fit. So I cut them out and ran a straight section of pipe we got from one of Rick's friends.

After fitting it up, another friend of Rick's came over and welded things up for us. He's a fantastic welder and a very nice guy to boot.

With that done I still need to get the gas tank in, finish a couple small wiring bits, get my gauge cluster together and a few other odds and ends. It was a productive day and I look forward to heading back over next Friday to finish it up.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 04-19-2009 at 11:45 AM

That's great progress Nick. The carrier bearing bracket looks fantastic.

It must be nice having access to a lift.

Good progress going on! That would truly be one of a kind on your side of the world!

also, do I spy a section of your chassis rail crushed??

Thanks Fuel, I know this has been done to a few Dodges but I may be the first to complete it in the U.S. or North America. Kinda cool thinking that.

You do indeed spy a section of my chassis rail crushed. It looks like they nailed something big on that side. Thankfully the fuel lines are in good shape. I'll bang the floor back down at some point and see about getting the rail fixed up too.

Michael, the lift is a godsend. I fit together my Talon's exhaust by crawling under it on the ground. I'm very happy I didn't have to do it again on this.

Also, I dropped the drive shaft off to be built today. They promised to have it ready for me Thursday morning. For total measurements, I shortened the rear shaft by 2" which left the front shaft at 56.25". I'd explain where I took the measurements but I'll just post up a picture to explain it later.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 04-20-2009 at 08:56 PM

Just a minor update, last night I finally got the displays for my JAW O2 unit. Here is how I mounted them.

Unfortunately I had already cut out the Tach side when I realized that I couldn't mount the speedo side as high. Otherwise I could have set them at the same height. Someday I'll probably get another tach cover and get them mounted more evenly.

Thats awesome. Great work man cant wait to see it finished.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Very nice progress!!!! Note to self Google JAW 02 :)

can't wait to see the gas tank go in...or will you be going with a fuel cell?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

No need to google, check out http://14point7.com/

As I mentioned a few times earlier in this thread I will be using the stock AWD gas tank in the Galant. Unfortonately someone cut the threaded portion off my fuel pump lines so I'll need to replace the fuel pump cover or take parts off the FWD fuel pump cover to make it work.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast