The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63t / AWD 7g Build

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 445
    HOT97ECLIPSEGSX
    You're from Kansas, eh ^^? I work in Lenexa

Love the build!!! Good luck with the setup! Looks like a lot of work from this end.

I happen to fancy myself with the ol' turbo and AWD

PogiGreg, you can do the harness rewire however you want. If you use the full 1g harness you'll need to use the 1g fuse box as well as a few other components. I think it is easier to just rewire the stock harness. But then I didn't get it working right so maybe you're better off not listening to me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    wow, no room for resonators.
    Wonder what your exhaust is going to sound like. Should sound pretty mean... and LOUD!
    I have one small resonator in the exhaust. I eliminated a second one for space but still have it around if I need to add it back in.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I, like many others have just now nticed this thread! AMAZING JOB! It makes me feel ambitious and want to all sorts of crazy shit. Then I remember I dont have the skill or tools so...i'll live vicariously through you! LOL
    We want sound clips and videos as soon as possible! Congrats on being the first (I think) 7G AWD in the states! 7G FTMFW

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member
    You have done a great job with this build man, it is good to see another Colorado Galant owner on here too! I am curious where you picked up that intercooler from? We sell those here at my work for the Ford IDI Diesel Intercooler upgrade package and it looks practially identical to what we have here.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I, like many others have just now nticed this thread! AMAZING JOB! It makes me feel ambitious and want to all sorts of crazy shit. Then I remember I dont have the skill or tools so...i'll live vicariously through you! LOL
    We want sound clips and videos as soon as possible! Congrats on being the first (I think) 7G AWD in the states! 7G FTMFW
    he is the first USDM 7G to be AWD

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Awsome conversion!

My concern is how close parts of the drivetrain is close to the exhaust. Alot of things move around in the drivetrain and exhaust when driving...even more under heavy load.

Either or..great work on getting the 7g AWD. Very excited to see this beast put power on 4 wheels.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    he is the first USDM 7G to be AWD
    Do you know of any 7G VR4 imported? If not...why is this any different from what I said? Or were you just confirming what I said?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I think he was just confirming I'm the first AWD 7g in the US. I'll have to get it done and send off some pics to a tuner mag to see if I can get it in ;)

The exhaust has been altered a bit in comparison to those photos. I just need to grind one area and it should clear quite nicely. I'll also be checking it regularly to see if it rubs after I get the car moving.

Right now I'm stuck out on Kauai snorkeling and running around beaches and tropical rain forests with my wife and parents. I'll get back to the car around the 20th.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 05-07-2009 at 12:45 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

polyurethane exhaust hangers also help keep exhaust movement in check.
    mine exhaust is hung entirely by poly hangers from downpipe to tip. it doesn't budge.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Do you know of any 7G VR4 imported? If not...why is this any different from what I said? Or were you just confirming what I said?
    rumor was there is one or two somewhere. thats why i just added the USDM

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

^ Rumor or not I'm driving one right the hell now....

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    ^ Rumor or not I'm driving one right the hell now....
    we know that.

there is suposedly one in texas and another near the west coast

I found a JDM VR4 on cardomain.... I messaged him but he hasn't replied.

Well I'm back from Hawaii and spent a little time on the wiring this morning. I found my mistake in the starter wires and got that resolved. The car cranks over with the keys now. As I'm cranking I'm getting injector duty cycles and all my other signals. I'm still getting odd readings from the throttle position sensor. I'm starting at 7% and going up to 47% at full throttle. I'll have to have someone press on the pedal while I'm under the hood to see if it is mechanical or if the sensor is screwy. I'm betting on the former as the Talon ran fine with this TPS. There will be more to come later in the week as I have some days off.

welcome back... good to hear about finding the errors. Can't wait to hear more about the project and how it drives :)
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Well I spent some time on diagnostics this morning. Turns out the fuel pump isn't turning on. I can artificially jump the relay and get fuel going but even if I'm doing that and cranking the car simply won't fire. Looking at the ECU readings it says it is getting data from all the sensors and sending a signal to the injectors. I've tried switching the spark plug wires around and rotating the CAS 180 to see if that was off and all combinations of that with no results. Once it seemed like the car tried to light up but I couldn't replicate it. It could have been flooded but I can't say for sure.

So now I'm reading up on the wiring and confused as hell about the fuel pump issue. Pin 8 of the Galant ECU triggers the MPI relay for the fuel pump. I rerouted that to pin 56 of the DSM which does the same thing in a 1g yet there is no fuel. Unfortunately I don't have a way to test my ECU since I don't have a stock chip to install and test it in my buddy's 1g.

DOHCstunr if you've got any of your wiring info handy I'd love to compare notes to make sure I didn't screw something up.

EDIT: UPDATE! The car will fire up now but won't stay running. If I leave the starter engaged it'll run for a bit longer but then dies shortly after I let off the key. My bet is that I have a power issue with the ECU. I'll double check all the power supplies and see where I wind up. Those first few exhaust notes sounded like angels singing!
    Last edited by eclipsh; 05-19-2009 at 04:49 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    hmm if its not a wiring issue it could be the timing as thats wut it was on my buddies 89 gt when i had this issue with his car
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Nah, my logger is losing its signal when the car dies. The ECU is losing power. I was messing with the timing while I was under the hood and it didn't make much difference.

what rom are you running? Are you running a jackal rom, or a stock MAS image?

As far as wiring goes, I literally just matched up the two ecu pinouts and switched the required wires.
    I didn't have to come up with anything fancy or complicated. I just kept it simple.

Mine started right up from day one.
    It seems to me that you might possibly have some wires that are out of place.
    I hope you tagged and labelled every single wire.
    It makes it a LOT easier to check yoru wires, as well as wire in any peripherals down the road.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    what rom are you running? Are you running a jackal rom, or a stock MAS image?
    I am running Jackal with all the sensors in place and functioning properly.
    As far as wiring goes, I literally just matched up the two ecu pinouts and switched the required wires.
    I didn't have to come up with anything fancy or complicated. I just kept it simple.

Mine started right up from day one.
    It seems to me that you might possibly have some wires that are out of place.
    I hope you tagged and labelled every single wire.
    It makes it a LOT easier to check yoru wires, as well as wire in any peripherals down the road.
    I did leave all my wires tagged so that'll make tracking down my wiring slipup easier. I am sure it is just a power issue I created by pulling so many other wires out when I eliminated the A/T components. I'll dig through this morning and see what I can come up with.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast