The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My new project!!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

My new project!!!

I was originally looking for some awd parts so i could do the awd swap on my Galant. Just playing around on Craiglist one day and i found this 15 minutes after the guy posted it. I called him immediately and talked about the car for about 30 minutes! I asked if he would take the post down becuase im a serious buyer he did! So i went and picked it up today.. Im in LOVE!!

The car has alot of parts that came with it!! Kenwood door speakers,adjustable struts and shocks(kyb agx i believe) eibach suspension,3inch exhuast and 255 pump and the wheels!! I still need a few more small parts to get it running.. Im probaly just going to use a running 2g 4g63 7 bolt block with a 1g head (both in storage)!! The car needs a paint job as u can tell but the interior...Doesnt have a bumper or headlights but thats cool,2gb conversion coming!! I will be putting the fenders back on one day this week!!
    Thanks to the guys at 4GPerformance for letting me use there trailer to get her!!

Looks like a great project! DSMs are too damn fun. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice...looks like a fun rebuild

nice nice. have fun
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I already told you how much you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But I will enjoy helping you put her back together.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Nice find...let me get the a car man!!! LOL

nice! how much you get it for?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    nice! how much you get it for?
    I traded some parts and cash for it!! Undisclosed cash amount,lol......
    Thanks guys!!! Shes a little rough around the edges but i will get her put back together before mid April,vvrrommmmm!!
    Last edited by B19WHEELS; 02-23-2009 at 03:56 AM

pfft.
    dismantle it.
    Use it as a donor for your 7g. then scrap the chassis.
    sell all the FWD parts you can no longer use,
    and make a profit whilest swapping your 7g to awd.

Two project cars? One of them is going to suffer. I'm going to guess its the galant.
    Nice find though.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i second stunr on the idea of using it to make ur g awd... if it was mint id say leave it alone but its going to take work to get running so why not go with your plan and make the g awd.. all the good parts swap right into the 7g.. im looking for a gsx or talon tsi in that kind of shape for my awd project

good find
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I third that, an awd 7g galant in the states would be MUCH more badass than another AWD eclipse/talon. Plus the money thing is all the more reason to get what u can off the donor chassis n sell off everything else. Plus your galant already has a complete body n interior

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    pfft.
    dismantle it.

Two project cars? One of them is going to suffer. I'm going to guess its the galant.
    Nice find though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i second stunr on the idea of using it to make ur g awd... if it was mint id say leave it alone but its going to take work to get running so why not go with your plan and make the g awd.. all the good parts swap right into the 7g.. im looking for a gsx or talon tsi in that kind of shape for my awd project

good find
    Its cool u guys my galant aint going no where!! DOHC hell i cant even sell the 7g fwd manual swap that i have in storage or the 6 bolt engine. So i figured i might as well use something instead of paying to store a whole bunch off parts.. My plan is to get the car running and sell it anyways,thats why im putting a 7bolt in it!! You know i would do the 6 bolt if i was going to keep it.. This car is going to make me some money and help move some of this crap i have in storage.. 10x10 nothing but car parts!! Im making some moves so watch out for the 7g!!!

I got the 2gb headlights and on tuesday and im getting the bumper in the morning and the front mount on sat.. Hopefully i can install all these parts before i go back to work on Tuesday morning!! The shortblock and head im picking up from storage on monday and throwing in on the engine stand to be assymbled sometime during the week or next weekend if my schedule permits!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    pfft.
    dismantle it.

Nice find though.
    I agree..... 2gs are cool looking and all but FUCK them. My GF owns one. Its been the BIGGEST piece of SHIT god ever gave man knowledge to fucking create. She has had it almost 2 years and its been down a good portion of its life because its cursed. I say ditch that and make the 7g a BEAST. I thought i was gonna make my 1g my fun "race" car but as john said.. One will suffer. My galant is where my heart is so thats whats getting the 63t swap and all the goooodies.. But good luck man.. Id like to see some good numbers on that shit YO!

2 hours of progress got done today!! The headlights, front mount and bumper got installed today!! I still need to trim the bottom of the bumper some and put the bolts at the top of the bumper but for the most part its on and looking good!! Heres how it turned out!!

Putting in some work today.. Picked up the motor yesterday 4-19-09 from a good friend..
    Started working on it at 11am done by 2pm..Felt good getting back into the swing of things!!

sheetmetal intake manifold

hx35 turbo

hks cams
    Last edited by B19WHEELS; 04-20-2009 at 01:55 PM