The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tires

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

Tires

Well I finally ordered my rims...i'm trying to pick a set of tires...right now i'm on gtz rims with Hydroedges..I totally love the rain performance they grip awesome..but its not a performance tire...sooooooo I'm upsizing to 225/45-17 on 17x8 wheels..I really want near or equal rain performance...summer rain in miami is pretty bad sometimes and this is a Daily Driver

so I've come up with these

Goodyear Eagle GT
    Bridgestone Potenza G 019
    Yokohama AVID H4S
    Dunlop SP Sport Signature

Any tips..experiences..recommendations are appreciated!

Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S is my recommendation.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

i dont have any personal experience with anyone of those but i would say out of those i would recommend Bridgestone

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I have the goodyear eagle GT's, they handle great and are a very reasonable price. The Audi A4 has Eagle F1's if your willing to pay a little more the F1's are amazing I have never had any problems flying around corners in the audi with those tires.

Thats what drew me to eagle gt's ..price and alot of positive feedback..the others have pretty decent rating and price...I saw the F1's but there was a lot negatives because of noise after 5k and didn't wear well..

Experienced TGC Member
    Check out some Goodyear UltraGrips.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Goodyear Eagle are pretty decent tires...they provide all around grip in wet and dry conditions. I got these tires on the Endeavor and I like them and would by another set and the wear pretty well too!

Bridgestones Potenzas are nice tires...road noise is reduced alot and dry traction is good, but kinda suck in wet conditions. So far they wear pretty good.

Dunlops are nice tires...road noise is about the same as Goodyears, but IMO, provide better traction in wet and dry conditions. Not sure about the SP's..I am basing my opinion on Dunlop Direzza Sports on my GVR4

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S is my recommendation.
    this is what i have. although i haven't really driven my car in rain or snow yet.

Goodyear Eagle GT. The other three are no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Goodyear Eagle GT. The other three are no comparison.
    i'm pretty solid to get those thanks guys..

Yokohoma Advan AO46 lmao, just kidding, lol, but for real, I'm rolling on these,
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4216978.html
    and I've driven through snow and rain, and I know rain cuz damn does oregon get a lot of it.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

but nascar drivers dont like Goodyear

i love bridgestone but dunlop is a little better.. I never had any issues with bridgestones with stock rims... I would go with bridgestone because i always do and they never dissappoint.. thats imo ofcourse
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

I had a set of the Eagle GT's put on my car today. It has the stock 16 inch wheels. So far I am very impressed. The previous tires were the Goodyear RS-A's. They would squeal like crazy on any kind of fast turn. With the GT's the ride is a bit firmer, which is good, and I get no squealing in turns even when taking a bit fast. Now I need to add the Addco rear sway bar to get rid of some of the body lean.