The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I'm getting annoyed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    MKO does your mount have a part number on it?
    can you run the part nunber and confirm that you are in fact using the correct mount?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Dude i swear that looks like an auto perch on your manual. In that case yea that shit is WAYYYY out of whack. If i were you id just slap the damn auto mount back in there and roll with it. If youre worried about the inserts just buy a new mount from www.autopartswarehouse.com its SOLID. Or atleast the one i bought from them was. I think it was 50 shipped.

so, a little update.

Installed Prothane motor mounts. As i mentioned I had a brand new front tranny roll stopper, but from all the vibration it had for the last 3-4 months, it was close to falling apart. anyway i put the 2 little inserts into it. Now, i get vibration when the gear is low on RPMs, but i still get vibration especially under hard acceleration. This is very confusing for me. my last option is to buy a solid roll stopper. idk what the hell is wrong with that car.

edit: my header doesnt have a flex pipe. everything is hard welded. cen that cause a vibration?
    Last edited by mko; 04-20-2009 at 05:39 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    so, a little update.

Installed Prothane motor mounts. As i mentioned I had a brand new front tranny roll stopper, but from all the vibration it had for the last 3-4 months, it was close to falling apart. anyway i put the 2 little inserts into it. Now, i get vibration when the gear is low on RPMs, but i still get vibration especially under hard acceleration. This is very confusing for me. my last option is to buy a solid roll stopper. idk what the hell is wrong with that car.

edit: my header doesnt have a flex pipe. everything is hard welded. cen that cause a vibration?
    mine is hard pipe to but i have no vibration from that.. how are all the other mounts???
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I dont know chris, but i'd think a hard welded header and urethane mounts would vibrate like hell under acceleration. before i had my urethane mounts, i ran without a flex pipe and broke a mount, so vibration under that condition certainly sounds possible...Course I have an 8g, so my experience may not be applicable
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the auto tranny mount seems stronger to me. and make sure both side mounts are alignd right or th motor will be shifted.

its all fixed folks
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12