The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: still thinks key is in the ignition

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

still thinks key is in the ignition

Im pretty sure I blew a fuse. What fuse blew? My car beeps like there is a key in it when I open the door but when I actually put the key in and go to start it or turn it to acc on theres nothing. When I turn it to start theres nothing. the door locks work by remote but not button on the door. The dome light does work though. Any ideas? 2000 galant es v6
    Last edited by 00galantguy; 02-24-2009 at 07:31 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHAHA.. Dude. I swear to god. This shit happened to me when i hooked up my new stereo and it wouldnt work for some odd reason.. I turned my headlights on and didnt think about it later on when i put the key in the igniton and the stereo STILL didnt work and it made the noise it makes when the headlights were on and the key was in the igntion. I started FREAKING out thinking i fucked something up... Mind you this was in the day time and im just frantic about this situation. After about 5 minutes of pure torture i figured out the lights were on and i couldnt see them. LOL.. So may i ask a stupid question? Would this be the case for you?

Nope its the not constant beep. more like ding ding ding ding.... I have headlights. No radio. Door dings like the key is in the ignition, but when you put the key in and turn it nothing happens.

Experienced TGC Member
    Check your alternator fuse. Come to think of it my car did that as well.

where is that one?

Experienced TGC Member
    In the 7g its in the fuse box under the hood IDK about the 8g.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Sounds like the starter relay..

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Sounds like the starter relay..
    Would that have anything to do with the radio? (not being a smart ass about it)

Could be.. Everything that is electronic in the car is somehow connencted together.. Whether or not it is direct or indirect. I'm not saying it IS the starter relay.. It just sounds like it..

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea it could be anything like you say.. I hope he gets it fixed though.

Ti could be something with the remote starter too.. Didn't you try and install a remote start system in your car just the other day? Could be something there too

isnt there an ignition fuse in the dash? check that.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

our cars have shit wired though the radio, check all the fuses, omg, is ur battery dead?

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    our cars have shit wired though the radio, check all the fuses, omg, is ur battery dead?
    if my battery was dead how would my dome light and door locks work or how would the thing beep?

Experienced TGC Member
    Go over all of your fuses. I installed a double din dvd player and ended up blowing the fuse that controlled my lites in the gauges cluster and my passenger side tail lite.

I have an issue like that, try pushing in your ignition.
    "For every beautiful woman, there's a man somewhere who's tired of sleeping with her."

Does your car start? Im still trying to figure that out sorry. If it doesnt but all your accs are lighting up your battery could be really low on power. And not have enough to turn over. Hook up some jump cables if you cant start and try starting it. As for the sound it could be anything from a wire to somethign jammed in there. My truck beeps but i ignore it since I broke the lock that keeps the key in so I can start it and pull keys out and lock doors.

all my accessories dont work. I can get the dash to light up if I turn on the headlights. Odometer doesnt work. Car does not start even try to turn.

Check the two main 10A fuses that are in the yellow thing when you open you fuse box under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Check the two main 10A fuses that are in the yellow thing when you open you fuse box under the hood.
    I checked both and they look fine, but I think ill replace them just incase