The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power lock issue

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Power lock issue

So I found this mess while washing my car recently, I always wondered why my aftermarket alarm didn't work with my power locks anymore, and well, my power locks failed all together. But this wire is at an odd place and looks to be shoddily wrapped in electrical tape. It got caught in the door hinge and was sheared in half.

Can anyone identify that this is indeed the wire to the power lock system? And if so, anyone know where I can get a diagram/schematic? I plan to put my soldering skills to use and fix this but the fray is such a mess I don't know if it's just one wire or a few all together.

Here's some picsss.....

the factory power door lock system is in that rubber hose going from the car to the door.

if you have some aftermarket wiring for the door locks, then you're not gonna find it in some factory wiring diagram

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thats gotta be a wire from the alarm power so the locks as i dont have that on my door cuz i dont have an alarm.. they might have wired the lock power into there as well and thats y it all fails now.. there is no power through that system
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

are you sure the front wires don't go to speakers?

the thick rubber thing in the back looks pinched bad too. take the door panel off and see where everything goes.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    are you sure the front wires don't go to speakers?

the thick rubber thing in the back looks pinched bad too. take the door panel off and see where everything goes.
    i looked at my door again and there is no mess like that so it has to be for the alarm.. ill take my panel off 2morrow and c wut i can find thats of any help to you

if the locks fail its usually because the constant power wire is pinched or broken i did it when i put in my stereo and the locks only worked with the switched power on.. hope that can be of help
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

The speakers work fine, that's the first thing I ruled out, they're aftermarket so I assumed the best-buy drone goofed. The alarm itself still works like the ignition kill and the shock sensor, so I'm starting to agree on that it has to be a crappy wiring job that tied the alarm to the power locks. I won't have time to personally get the door panel off anytime soon (I just moved and am unpacking and such), so thank you Galanttuner10 for your time in taking your panel off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak View Post
    The speakers work fine, that's the first thing I ruled out, they're aftermarket so I assumed the best-buy drone goofed. The alarm itself still works like the ignition kill and the shock sensor, so I'm starting to agree on that it has to be a crappy wiring job that tied the alarm to the power locks. I won't have time to personally get the door panel off anytime soon (I just moved and am unpacking and such), so thank you Galanttuner10 for your time in taking your panel off for me.
    no problem i even took it off again earlier to double check glad it helps you out.. that wire should have been run where the speaker wires and all that goes into the door but it looks like they took out the lock wires and decided not to run it back in the stock location

any other problems let us know

Chris
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR