The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo problems

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    WicKs8g

Turbo problems

i have been running my stock injectors with my old turbo!! do i need to run a better flowing injector? i have a 190 fuel pump and the ecu has been flashed!! i just don't want to burn anything up with this new turbo? thanks help would be nice!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Most likely yes.

Can you datalog and see your injectors IDC?

You are most likely maxing out your injectors and not getting enough fuel into the cylinders.

What size turbo are you running anyways?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

WicKs8g
    i have a t3 now internal wastegate set at 8psi.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You are running stock NA Galant injectors? If so upgrade to at least stock DSM 450cc injectors.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    even if the injectors are maxxing out or close to it, and you're still getting about the proper amount of fuel, it's never a good thing to have components operating at full capacity. better safe than sorry!....this is fuel you're talking about here
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

they have injector calculators online. you input how much hp you want to make, how big your engine is and they will reccomend a size

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Invest in Evo 560cc injectors and reflash and you are good to go.

A injector running at max duty cycle isn't a good thing and not to mention not enough fuel going into the cylinder.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

running a reflash and what other piggyback? Stock ecu wont let u get WOT without serious problems.. You will still have great driveability except when on boost
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

That thing has never hit fuel cut? Surprised ...Let alone a Walbro fuel pump with no AFPR. How long have you been driving like this?
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

I would atleast use some DSM injectors.

Peano is completely correct, running the N/A injectors at full capacity makes it more prone to failing.

what size are the stock 8G injectors anyways? anyone know?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    That thing has never hit fuel cut? Surprised ...Let alone a Walbro fuel pump with no AFPR. How long have you been driving like this?
    I dont think 8psi is enough to fuel cut even on stock injectors. But then again I've never worked with injectors less than 440cc's on turbo cars.

and the Walbro pump with no AFPR is asking for disaster...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    He has a Walbro 190, he doesnt need an AFPR. You only need the AFPR on the 255.

Injectors are cheap, if your looking to make 300whp or more, Id just buy some new or used 750cc injectors. If your feeling cheap, get some DSM 450cc or Evo 560cc injectors.
    7g for life!

Hmmm I didn't know what the 8th gen fpr was capable of, still curious to know how long he's been running on the NA injectors.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

i think you would be ok with factory injectors at 8psi. full duty cycle isnt good but it will work. I have some ACCEL high impedance 24lbs injectors and thats only 252cc, but i read online that they are good for 310hp. the guy i got them from said he ran 8psi just fine on them.My point being that from what i hear the factory 8g injectors are 276cc, so if 252cc(24lbs)injectors are good to 310 why wouldnt the factory ones?

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Try to get some WRX 440cc injectors as well, they work with our cars, too.
    Probably should get an EVO ecu as well, should have maps over 100% load. (it's what i gotta get too :( )

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

what all is necessary to run the EVO ecu? im assuming you mean an EVO 8 ecu right?

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

yup, the EVO 8 ecu. some get the boomslang harness (which already sets up the wires to the new ecu from the old harnesses) buy GOOSEY found a few wires that weren't in the right places. GOOSEY is running the evo ecu with his turbocharged 8G (assumption is for the 100%+ load maps in the ecu). Johnathansgalant is running the dual ecu setup with his turbo.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

WicKs8g
    thanks for the tips on needing new injectors!! i bought some deatschwerks 600cc injectors!! they are a direct plug in !!

damn, they're $500+ online :shock:
    hope you got a discount