The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Rims

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    take it back to the shop.

TGC Regular
    I wish I could run these on my car.... but I can't put anything bigger than a 215 on it due to the rear bumper mount cutting into anything 225 or wider :(

I'll just have to make do with my Evo 6 wheels instead :D
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

not sure if those wheels are hub centric, but did you buy hubcentric rings for those? that may be the cause of the oscilations

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    take it back to the shop.
    yea..
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    not sure if those wheels are hub centric, but did you buy hubcentric rings for those? that may be the cause of the oscilations
    I would think since there Oem I wouldn't need it..is any one here with evo wheels running hub rings?

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    I have question I went and got them mounted and balanced friday...before I put them on they had sticky weights on the inside 2 sets one on the inside closes to the car(theres a groove and its flat you can see it in the pictures) and one closest to the mesh...well when he balanced and I noticed he only put on a set of weights ON the groove closest to the car instead of the flat portion and no weight by the mesh...I have a feeling he balanced them wrong.... steering wheel is oscilating at 45 and up....vibrations/oscillating noise from the front end.. is my feeling right I find it strange he only put one set of weights ?
    Get them rebalanced, they only static balanced the wheels. This is one thing that perturbs me quite a bit about most shops. It is a completely stupid and useless form of balancing and should be completely discarded as anything useful. Make sure when they rebalance them (if you go to the same shop) they dynamic balance them using sticky weights.

And also make sure they properly measure and setup the wheel for the proper dynamic balancing also. What I mean by that is the wheel width that they put in the balancing machine should be the width between where the weights are placed on the wheel. One should be on the inside lip, and one should be just behind the wheels spokes (like from the factory as you had before).

Any other type of balancing is useless, if they say it is adequate ask for a refund, and your car keys. Then tell them they are absolutely insane and do not know how to properly service your automobile. Tell them to call me and I can inform them on how to properly setup and balance automotive tires and wheels.

P.S. Mitsubishi wheels are all the same hub bore, you won't need hub rings.

Just the answer I was looking for Thanks Dave!

yea! bust some balls theyll act rite lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    And also make sure they properly measure and setup the wheel for the proper dynamic balancing also. What I mean by that is the wheel width that they put in the balancing machine should be the width between where the weights are placed on the wheel. One should be on the inside lip, and one should be just behind the wheels spokes (like from the factory as you had before).

Any other type of balancing is useless, if they say it is adequate ask for a refund, and your car keys. Then tell them they are absolutely insane and do not know how to properly service your automobile. Tell them to call me and I can inform them on how to properly setup and balance automotive tires and wheels.
    I have the same problem. However, it occurs with all the sets of my wheels in the same wheel. Its in the right rear wheel. When I drive at 65mph + it starts to vibrate. I was told it could be the hub bearing. I don't want to replace it if I didn't have to. In addition, to the weights I have mine placed behind the spokes on the wheel itself nothing on the edge of the back. So correct me if I am wrong this is improper? If true, I say Sears sucks at balancing in my area.

If its the bearing not working well, you will hear it, when you jack up the car and turn the wheel - hub will make noices...
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    I have the same problem. However, it occurs with all the sets of my wheels in the same wheel. Its in the right rear wheel. When I drive at 65mph + it starts to vibrate. I was told it could be the hub bearing. I don't want to replace it if I didn't have to. In addition, to the weights I have mine placed behind the spokes on the wheel itself nothing on the edge of the back. So correct me if I am wrong this is improper? If true, I say Sears sucks at balancing in my area.
    Yea its improper there should be two sets of weights one inner and one outer...good test to check if the bearing is bad is moving it and also pushing and pulling on the wheel usually at 9 o clock and 3... or 12 and 6...your looking for any type of play which there shouldnt be.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    Yea its improper there should be two sets of weights one inner and one outer...good test to check if the bearing is bad is moving it and also pushing and pulling on the wheel usually at 9 o clock and 3... or 12 and 6...your looking for any type of play which there shouldnt be.
    Ok I will check it out and let yall know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    Yes, the weights should be as close as possible to the outermost portions of the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi View Post
    If its the bearing not working well, you will hear it, when you jack up the car and turn the wheel - hub will make noices...
    The bearing may not make noise, but it could be loose causing his issue.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    road force it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12