The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1994 es with bad injector

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

1994 es with bad injector

So, I got a 1994 es for my mother in law and it has a bad injector and it caught on fire and melted the injector and pigtail. (Ya I'm tempted to switch the harness out for the power windows, etc., but its my in laws and she likes the power) A guy baught it and tryed to wire up the pigtail and replaced the injector with a new one, but it still has no fire on that cylinder. Could have the injector started to flood the cylinder and fouled out the plug?, or could it have shorted out the ecu? Any thoughts would be helpfull. Going to do a comp. test in the morn. and see what results come up. Does any body Know the optimal and safe compression for all the cylinders? Thanks.

Nevermind, Got it home today and was cranking it over and it had a metal grinding noise and looked at the motor thoroughly and saw a piece that looked like a socket in the a/c pump bracket. ROD!!!!! ya, the rod is through the side of the block.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ouch. Maybe the injector wasnt the cause of the fire ;)

Pictures?
    7g for life!

might not have been, but you can see where the # 4 injector caught on fire, and the rod is out the # 1 cylinder, LOL. Go figure, idiot prolly drove it with the broke rod and the injector flamed and he said fuck it, LOL. Still starts but only runns on 3 cylinders. Oh well allready got another motor for it going in first thing in the morn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Wow...well at least you don't have to do anymore diagnosing.

Pics of the carnage!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Funny thing is, it still runns!!! Got it started just to see if it would start to prove a point that these 4g64s are bad as hell and it started up after a little prodding. Runns on 3 cyl. but smokes like hell.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol PICS!!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    thats alright my s10 ran on 4 clylenders and it was a 6 haha yea it had over 200k on it. I could still drive it lol