The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guage cluster problems... Urgent help would be great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Guage cluster problems... Urgent help would be great

Alright, hey everyone.

My speedometer, RPM gauge, and temp gauge went out. Also, whenever I put my turn signal levers on my signals don't activate. But the Hazard button turns them both on as usual. My headlights can be turned on, so can my wipers. I'm not sure what this is.

I've searched and read, that it could be somewhere between the speed sensor, speedometer head, and things in between.

But before I pay 90$ for a shop to diagnose it, I figured, as always, I would ask you guys first. Can you guys help me pinpoint the problem so I can buy a new part?

Thanks!

Nobody? Come on guys, I could really use some help, before I buy the wrong part.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Check your fuses. Do the gauge lights not work either?
    7g for life!

if your gauge cluster took a dump, I have one I can sell you cheap, just pulled it out of my car in full working order, lemme know, but like seth said, it's most likely just some fuses.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Seth and Martin are on point, check the fuses.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

That was my first instinct, I checked every fuse under the hood and in the panel on the left side of the dash. All fine.

The gauge lights work.

Any other suggestions? Thanks for the replies :)
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 03-01-2009 at 01:00 AM

lol, again sounds like the circuit board behind the gauges, take the gauge out and check that,also if it is that i got a spare one i got from ruslik that was the wrong type for me but should be fine for a usdm

your fuel gauge work>?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRad View Post
    lol, again sounds like the circuit board behind the gauges, take the gauge out and check that,also if it is that i got a spare one i got from ruslik that was the wrong type for me but should be fine for a usdm
    You mean just check for any physical signs of damage?

I believe my fuel gauge works, but I could be wrong. I drove it yesterday afternoon to the shop, that's when I found out it was 90$ for a diag, so I asked you guys. When I drove it the fuel was showing low (which I was) and this morning it's at empty, which is normal since I've been driving. But it could just be broken.

sounds like the problem i had, the circuit board had burned out a few lines so that most stuff worked on the gauges like fuel and heat gauges and also the blinker lights, but all the other bulbs wouldnt work. i took the gauge out and took it apart and found the circuit board had been burned out in parts, its a silicon board so it bendy and its just screwed on and held in by the bulb sockets on the back

Get a new Cluster! I have one for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRad View Post
    sounds like the problem i had, the circuit board had burned out a few lines so that most stuff worked on the gauges like fuel and heat gauges and also the blinker lights, but all the other bulbs wouldnt work. i took the gauge out and took it apart and found the circuit board had been burned out in parts, its a silicon board so it bendy and its just screwed on and held in by the bulb sockets on the back
    Here is what I found:

Basically absolutely no visible errors here...

There are, however, these spots around the solder points that look like dried tree sap, they're "crusty", you might be able to see them in the pics. IDK if this is relevant though.

What would be the next thing to check?

And just for the sake of being thorough, I took pics of the fuse locations, to rule out the possibility of one being missing, or being where it is not supposed to be, since I'm sure you guys know their original positions well. I don't think this is the issue, but I could have made a mistake and put something back wrong, although I was careful.

Here are pics, they are clear enough to see where they are and are not.

This one is of the fuse box on the left end of the dash next to the driver's side door

And these 2 are of the one under the hood

Thanks again everyone!

Anybody notice anything? Or have any suggestions?

Please :D

I'm driving today and my radio turns off. Then I pull into my driveway, and my car starts like "jerking" or whatever, and jumps really hard between gears. I turn it off and it won't start back up. There is just a clicking sound when I turn the ignition. Could my battery be related to all of this? But WTF is draining my battery? All I have hooked up to it is the power wire to my amp, and that hasn't caused problems.

Someone has to know what the hell is wrong with my stupid shit car, and some help would be extremely appreciated, because the problem just became serious enough to interfere with my life.

Soooooo

PLEASE somebody give me advice on what to do?? I'm really fucking frustrated, something goes wrong seemingly every day. Should I charge the battery, unhook the amp from it, and go from there?

Thanks guys

I can't really drive like this.

I just checked all of the connections I have messed with (led kit, trunk leds, stereo) all of that is fine, no loose wires or incorrect grounding. I'm lost.

i am having a problem similar to your but all my guages work but the light for the speedo tach fuel and temp will not light up. the center p r n d 2 1 light up unless i turn on my headlights. everything else lights up check engine door open all them work just fine.

Wow, you brought this one back from ancient times.
    Check here
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=42678

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast