The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shifter linkage problem and clutch fluid dissapears!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

shifter linkage problem and clutch fluid dissapears!

i have theis wierd problem where my shifter linkage rattles like it wants to free itself from the car and trans. the violent shaking occurs from 4000-redline.

i have metal shifter base bushings, fulle SS clutch line, and metal shifter cable bushings.

i have checked everything and it all seems to be installed properly. another issue possible related is my car grinds gears occasionally. i know this means syncros are getting ready to take a shit but could they cause the linkage to rattle violently?

problem 2

every now and then i check under the hood to make sure everything is ok. i have noticed clutch fluid disapearing. it will be just to the point right before it pulls air. so i add fluid and bleed it. but eventually it will be the same again! i have inspected the SS line and slave but no leaks anywhere. even none at the master. the slave was replaced about 18k ago. could the master release fluid so slowly i don't see it anywhere? i'm confused with this issue.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

1. Probably TOB. It does all of what you have mentioned. Are you running OEM or the one that came with the clutch kit? I made that mistake once, i wont do it again. Did you check the tranny oil?

2. It has to be leaking from somewhere tho. Is the banjo bolt tight? id look for oil spots every morming and after drive
    Last edited by mko; 03-01-2009 at 11:42 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    so Chris did u get that OEM bearing?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    1) If you rev to 4k+ in neutral, does it rattle? Maybe its your mounts, do you feel anytyhing else rattle or vibrate or just the shifter? But like MKO said, if the TOB is not OEM Mitsu, I would replace that first.

2) Pull up the carpet under the pedal and see if its leaking into the cab. Pull back the rubber cover on the slave, if its wet in there, your seals in the slave are bad. If its a full SS line, it can only leak from two places.
    7g for life!

the TOB is suposed to be mitsu. i got to ask the mechanic, thats what i told him to get.

it still rattles a little in neutral. alot of stuff has been rataling lately.

as sson as the snow melts i will check uner the carpet again.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

My master leakes right where the pedal is at, the seals are shot. check under the dash where the pedal connects to the master. My 94 s has 200284 miles and rattles like hell. Either the ballance shafts have been removed or the engine vibes from the miles.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    1) If you rev to 4k+ in neutral, does it rattle? Maybe its your mounts, do you feel anytyhing else rattle or vibrate or just the shifter? But like MKO said, if the TOB is not OEM Mitsu, I would replace that first.

2) Pull up the carpet under the pedal and see if its leaking into the cab. Pull back the rubber cover on the slave, if its wet in there, your seals in the slave are bad. If its a full SS line, it can only leak from two places.
    Ding ding ding ding.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    cosigned!

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    x3

assuming you are leaking clutch fluid, which you probably are, this will explain the gear-grinding issue when you're trying to engage; the clutch isn't disengaging all the way cause you're losing pressure in the clutch-line from the leak.

i know you said you checked everywhere, but check where seth said, if fluid is disappearing, it's gotta be going somewhere lol
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    x3

assuming you are leaking clutch fluid, which you probably are, this will explain the gear-grinding issue when you're trying to engage; the clutch isn't disengaging all the way cause you're losing pressure in the clutch-line from the leak.

i know you said you checked everywhere, but check where seth said, if fluid is disappearing, it's gotta be going somewhere lol
    it's doesn't make the noise when shifting. only when driving or the car reving past 4k.

i've been trying to find the leak but need a warmer day. tomorrow should be good.