The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A little something for your enjoyment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 66
    damm boost that one of the nicest galants ive heard to date. good job i wish i could sound like that...well first i think i gotta ditch the automatic so shift sound solid like that.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    BJ great vids, Im aspiring to put a 6G74 in my 8G also. IMO your car sounds meaner and looks faster off the line, maybe TJ wasnt pushing it or maybe its the Turbo lag or something I dunno. But at any rate, did you mate the 6G74 with the Eclipse 5 speed?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    BJ great vids, Im aspiring to put a 6G74 in my 8G also. IMO your car sounds meaner and looks faster off the line, maybe TJ wasnt pushing it or maybe its the Turbo lag or something I dunno. But at any rate, did you mate the 6G74 with the Eclipse 5 speed?
    thanks on the compliments bro. off topic, your sig is hot!
    on topic, Tj wasnt pushing his to its full potential. im telling you that thing is fast enough to create the windspeed to rip that sticky pod off. we'll get some other vids of his car soon enough to put it into perspective. as far as the engine/tranny combo, its a stratus r/t tranny that had only 4000 miles on it when i bought it. there is no difference between it and one from the eclipse gt though.

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    thanks on the compliments bro. off topic, your sig is hot!
    on topic, Tj wasnt pushing his to its full potential. im telling you that thing is fast enough to create the windspeed to rip that sticky pod off. we'll get some other vids of his car soon enough to put it into perspective. as far as the engine/tranny combo, its a stratus r/t tranny that had only 4000 miles on it when i bought it. there is no difference between it and one from the eclipse gt though.
    LOL Thx! I figured that he wasnt, I wanna see WOT! Ok cool I def wanna do ur swap but keep it minor, like intake & manifold and exhaust, no internals. Cant wait to get some real doe to do it!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

you know whats funny is the money i have spent on my car would get you a turbo'd 6g72 with stock internals and i would still stomp it. the 74 is just a better built motor all together and has much more potential for growth. the only thing holding this thing back is my heads but that situation is getting worked out as we speak.

here are some more vids of the cars.
    this one is where tj and i were cruising to our favorite mod shop Rally Sport Direct. he dropped down to only fourth and rolled into it while i was doing 70mph.

and here is one i took tonight after installing the longtubes. its a 70-100mph pull in fouth where i just rolled into the throttle and never got full throttle before i had to shut her down because of traffic.
    Last edited by boostzealot; 03-04-2009 at 11:49 PM

Awesome vids BJ! How come I didn't see these on MP?

And Ivory_G, it doesn't take a whole lot to get started. Only about $500 and you got yourself an engine to start ripping apart. It's how I got my start. Plus there's no rush. Oh, heads should be off my 3.5 tomorrow:)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

you know whats funny is the money i have spent on my car would get you a turbo'd 6g72 with stock internals and i would still stomp it. the 74 is just a better built motor all together and has much more potential for growth. the only thing holding this thing back is my heads but that situation is getting worked out as we speak.
    Yeah thats what I figured that the 74 would have more potential as well. As far as the heads, do the 3KGT DOHC heads fit? Or any other DOHC heads? That seems it would really bring out the HP in the motor, let alone if you beefed up those heads.

M-Rod, I would be looking for a motor and trans with low mileage which Im sure would cost more than $500 combined. I figure around a grand @ least. GL with ur build tho, was your car originally a V6?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    M-Rod, I would be looking for a motor and trans with low mileage which Im sure would cost more than $500 combined. I figure around a grand @ least. GL with ur build tho, was your car originally a V6?
    You could possibly find something decent for $500. I paid $295 for an engine with 90k on it. Now finding a F5M51 transmission in my area with a decent price tag will be tough but oh well. And yeah the car is a V6 car.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

my motor was only $650 shipped and the majority of the cost was shipping the bitch. the best thing about it was the fact that the motor came with a 6 month warrantee and only had 54k miles. of course once i got her i began to tear it down much like M-Rod is doing now and should have rebuilt her then but since i was the first galant owner to do this i wanted to get all baseline numbers and basically start as a fresh motor. i gained about 23whp and over 30wtq with no tune at all. and this was still with the stock exhaust manifolds, a modded downpipe, custom 2.5in exhaust, and a short ram intake. but think about this, without boost i have come from making only 154whp and 164wtq at sea level to my now 226whp and 240wtq. and i still have more work to do. i still can play with my cam timing a little, swap to a 01 ecu, raise my rev limit, go with the stage 3 cams (which will be done this summer), install the ported heads. that all together will make me over 300whp! and whats cool is that my setup can still support boost if i ever go that route. right now though i want to keep the title of the fastest N/A galant for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    You could possibly find something decent for $500. I paid $295 for an engine with 90k on it. Now finding a F5M51 transmission in my area with a decent price tag will be tough but oh well. And yeah the car is a V6 car.
    Oh ok well maybe, did that include the ECU and wiring harness too? Which tranny is the F5M51? I'll prob wait til this tranny/motor blows. My '01 G is an I4 with 88,000 miles, and the tranny is slippnn occasionally so we'll see.
    my motor was only $650 shipped and the majority of the cost was shipping the bitch. the best thing about it was the fact that the motor came with a 6 month warrantee and only had 54k miles. of course once i got her i began to tear it down much like M-Rod is doing now and should have rebuilt her then but since i was the first galant owner to do this i wanted to get all baseline numbers and basically start as a fresh motor. i gained about 23whp and over 30wtq with no tune at all. and this was still with the stock exhaust manifolds, a modded downpipe, custom 2.5in exhaust, and a short ram intake. but think about this, without boost i have come from making only 154whp and 164wtq at sea level to my now 226whp and 240wtq. and i still have more work to do. i still can play with my cam timing a little, swap to a 01 ecu, raise my rev limit, go with the stage 3 cams (which will be done this summer), install the ported heads. that all together will make me over 300whp! and whats cool is that my setup can still support boost if i ever go that route. right now though i want to keep the title of the fastest N/A galant for a little while.
    Yeah you've made some real progress. Its easy to boost and make power but it takes more detail to do it N/A. Keep up the good work! You going to MOD this yr?
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 03-05-2009 at 11:02 AM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

i may go to mod this year if i dont have to go to the desert until after mod. but who knows. i got lucky last year because i got back in time to go. i just wish the engine bay looked as good as it does now.

right now though i want to keep the title of the fastest N/A galant for a little while.
    haha i'll be gunnin for that title too.. but considering what we're starting with, well i'm impressed

Rayth, whats funny is you have much more potential than i do considering the motor you have. check your pm.

wait i guess i cant pm you. weird. see if you can pm me. i have some info for you.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    So when are you both going to hit up the track?
    7g for life!

seth, i plan on hitting up the track as early as sunday. hopefully i will have money for this crazy little weekend though. i need to get dyno'd one more time, go to a road course track meet on saturday and then go to the drag strip on sunday. whew, busy weekend for my car. the last time was at the strip i did a 15.1@ 97mph. my 60ft sucked because of all the low end i have and i couldnt get it better than a 2.4. i really need some stickier tires though

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Man...seriously if I had money to throw away, I would buy a 8g and do a 6G74 swap like you did for the hell of it. Awsome Galant BJ....really see the results of the good work put into it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

What car did you get you 74 from?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    What car did you get you 74 from?
    an 02 diamante

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast