The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: J&S Ultrasafeguard question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

J&S Ultrasafeguard question

I know I need one of these for my turbo set up I'm going to be running for knock and timing retard support. My question is has anyone installed one on their 4G64 w/ SOHC and which model did you use? Did you use the 1004-Uni.V.0 universal model (gm sensor) or the 1004-1CH/2CH for eclipse (factory mitsu knock sensor)? Here's a link http://www.jandssafeguard.com/orders.html tell me what you think or if you know of a similar product that works as well.

Ehhhh, I've never even heard of it and I'm pretty sure it's referring to the 420A eclipse with a Chrysler ECU since the mitsu ECU has all of this. If you're that concerned about retarding timing when knock occurs I'd just use a complete standalone to tune your setup as it's built in.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Only reason I'm concerned is I'm gonna be running a 20g and 20 psi. If I were running 10 psi or less I wouldn't be as concerned. I would do a DSM 95 eprom ECU swap before I went full stand alone as the ecu already has the knock sensor/timing support.

For the price you'd be better off going with the stock ECU in that case. I'm also assuming this is a stock 4g64 SOHC block, in which case you'll need a pretty much immaculate tune to get away with 20psi through a 20g(TD06H). At that point there's not much the stock ecu can do for that tune, but pull timing in knock situations. Of course there are other ways to get this tune to work on 20 psi, but I'm going to assume you are somewhat knowledgeable of what you're doing.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Nope forged bottom end :), and even though I could get away with some detonation, I'd prefer to be on the safe side of things. One thing that is gonna help with detonation is the compression ratio is going to be 8.5:1

Ill go with Megasquirt very soon, i dont like dsm link or any other expensive shit. I has knock support and you can convert to coil on plug easily. all you need is the power transistor and the coil packs off 1g or 2g
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ahhhh nice :) . In that case all is well, I still don't know much of this software you've linked us to. I still feel that a standalone would serve you better for the all around support abilities. Hell Megasquirt is an awesome option when done correctly.

Coil on Plug is a bit much though, for the money spent on the conversion you could upgrade elsewhere, stock 2G ignition setup is very efficient even at 500hp.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

oh Im sorry i said it wrong. What i meant was the the distributor can be removed and transformed to coil pack setup with an ease.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Lol my fault dude :P .
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe