The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DSM status for my 7g.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

DSM status for my 7g.

Got done with work today went to start up the G with the remote start and it said it started then it said it shut off, well i was having problems with keeping my car running since my IAC is acting up, so i walk out side just to start it with the key and take it up to 2grand for 5 seconds which makes it idle normally, put my key in and turned it NOTHING, the starter wont crank. So one of my cowokers pulls his truck up and we hook some cables up to it hoping that he extra power will make the starter move, same thing nothing at all. I have full power to everything just the starter wont crank at all and dosent even make a sound. So im betting that it is my starter. Any other ideas, there is no room to tap it with a hammer and we couldnt make it turn by bridging it, its stuck at work and i got to get a dolly from uhaul to get it home tomorrow which is going to mess with my jdm bumper.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Ive heard that the remote starters mess some up. Try removing it and see if starter comes back to life. If i had my old starter i would have shipped it to u, but I left it a Bronxbomr's house.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

it's the starter. if you could find a way to hit it it might work once.

if you had manual you could roll start it.

take your bumper off anytime you tow the car, i know i have to.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yea i got a flat bed going to pick it up im going to take the bumper off so it dosent get ruined. got to get it home and see what the problewm is, im betting it is the starter too.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    9 times out of 10, a bad starter will click when you try to turn it over. Just sayin, take the starter off and have it tested first before you buy a new one. Possibly could be a bad ground as well.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    heres how to check if its the starter or the solenoid on the starter.. take a rod u pick and put it on the solenoid and have someone try and start the car.. put ur ear to the rod and if you here a clicking the starter is shot

if you here no sound its either just the solenoid or both.. when you buy a new starter it comes wih a new solenoid as well

but def get the old one tested before you buy a new one
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Or just run a wire from the 12v + on the battery and touch the positive terminal on the starter, if the starter turns, the problem is not the starter.
    7g for life!

Ok so it was just the starter, when I got out of school I drove to work and tried to start my car again, still nothing, so I went inside and grabed a hammer beat the crap out of it and still nothing so I called a tow truck to have him come get the car. Went to the parts store and bout a starter, tow truck got to my work and we got it home, for a 7 mile tow it was $97 bucks and my starter was 140 lol get home and the driver unloads my car. Not wanting to push it into the garage I decide to try it one more time and the stupid thing started right up. Backed it into the garage and swapped the starters and now everything works fine lol so I paid all that money for the tow and the bitch starts when I got it home errrr.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    it was probably a bad solenoid on the old starter but im glad you got it fixed
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Dude I have Road Assistance through ATT for $2.99 a month. Ive had my car towed five times now and have never paid a dime more then the normal $2.99/month! Any DSM owner should have ATT just for the road assistance lol
    7g for life!

Well the starter i pulled out was the original on hahaha, ill take pics of the thing its shot to shit.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Dude I have Road Assistance through ATT for $2.99 a month. Ive had my car towed five times now and have never paid a dime more then the normal $2.99/month! Any DSM owner should have ATT just for the road assistance lol
    do u have to have ATT wireless for this service? or anyone can sign up....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd