The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OZ Racing Rims

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    TGC Regular

OZ Racing Rims

i got these oz racing rims from dohcstunner and i put them on and they look like they match up right, but they wiggle back and forth. I'm not sure if it's the wheel bearing or not, on the driver side i replaced the wheel bearing 3 months ago. I got the wheel bearing from pepboys (it was the whole hub) and its doing it also. Please help, not sure weather its the wheel bearing or not. My buddy is a licensed state inspector and he seems to think that thats what the problem is.
    Thanks guys.

I'm assuming they wiggle after you've tightened the lug nuts down? If so, then yes, your bearing is shot.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i second that. after lugs are tight, if it wables bad bearings.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    well can you guys explain to me why my driver side went then?? i just replaced the whole hub brand new 3 months ago if even that long...?

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    well can you guys explain to me why my driver side went then?? i just replaced the whole hub brand new 3 months ago if even that long...?
    don't know. maybe cause its not mitsu?

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

TGC Regular
    ok guess it looks like im replceing my hubs again. dam man. I am going for an alignment tomarrow. If i replace it after that it will throw the alighnment back off correct?

befroe you do that. do your stock wheels do it?
    if they do, its a good chance thats what it is.

TGC Regular
    im going to throw one on before i take everything apart. My buddy said becasue they are bigger tires and rims it make it feel more noticable. I dont feel it when i am driving though. Dohcstunner said that i dont need a spacer or n e thing and that it worked on his 7th gen. So i dont see a problem. Also i was looking at the rotor and the rim and rotor are butted right uip to each other and they both move so i think its the bearing....

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Are you hearing any noise when driving? Usually along with a wobbly bearing..there is noise associated with it. Bad outer tie rods will also cause some play like you are describing if they are bad.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If the lugnuts are tightened alll the way, with the car jacked up in there air, if you push/pull on the wheel and theres any play at all, its your wheel bearing. Id take it back to wherever you got it and see if they will replace it for free. A wheel bearing should last longer then 3 months.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Yea i know I got the wheel bearing from pepboys and also i put a new outer tie rod end on that side not too long ago. It is wobbleing but there is no noise just the noise of new tires.... So idk i cant really take it back to pep boys cus i was an idiot and threw away my recipt wich i normally dont do!!!! So im screwed on that but my buddy works for a shop and gets almost a 50% discount so hopfully i will be getting them for like 40 bucks each well see. I you guys want i can try and make a write up on how to do the wheel bearings?
    Let me know

Pics of your ride w/ the new wheels?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Yea i know I got the wheel bearing from pepboys and also i put a new outer tie rod end on that side not too long ago. It is wobbleing but there is no noise just the noise of new tires.... So idk i cant really take it back to pep boys cus i was an idiot and threw away my recipt wich i normally dont do!!!! So im screwed on that but my buddy works for a shop and gets almost a 50% discount so hopfully i will be getting them for like 40 bucks each well see. I you guys want i can try and make a write up on how to do the wheel bearings?
    Let me know
    He probably gets 50 percent on the service not the parts.

i dunno i work for a dealership and i get work done for 25 a hour and get parts at cost so it might be possible that his friend works for a dealership. but does pep boys use a computer system to keep track of customers if they do it might possibly be on there computer and they can pull it up.

TGC Regular
    No i dont have n e pics yet ill try and get them up tomarrow. They look really good!!!!!! But i got the new wheel bearing in. My buddy doesnt work at a dealership he works for a reg shop. He does get almost a 50 percent discount if he orders it as a work part ticket. Lets just put it this way for the wheel bearing regular price to the public was 98.00 and he got it for me for 55 so its dam good. Top of the line part too. I wanna say moogle... but im not sure. The wheel is fine now. Hey dohcstunner what kind of tires are they? Like what grade because they almost act as street slicks.... The dont give at all. Thank again man i love them.

I'm glad they stick for you. I don't rememer the brand, I took those tires off my sisters 8g. she bought some yokahama's shortly after purchasing her cars.
    I was making way to much power for those. Not wide enough to stick for me.
    I'm glad you like them. Lets see soem pics!!!!
    Hopefully you got some nice black lugs to go with them.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    yea i got some black lugs. I have to wash it first before i take pics lol. It has salt all over it. And flat black paint yea doesnt mix well. But no i was saying that it sticks around turns i can spin them pretty easy.. lol

oh lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

No i dont have n e pics yet ill try and get them up tomarrow. They look really good!!!!!! But i got the new wheel bearing in. My buddy doesnt work at a dealership he works for a reg shop. He does get almost a 50 percent discount if he orders it as a work part ticket. Lets just put it this way for the wheel bearing regular price to the public was 98.00 and he got it for me for 55 so its dam good. Top of the line part too. I wanna say moogle... but im not sure. The wheel is fine now. Hey dohcstunner what kind of tires are they? Like what grade because they almost act as street slicks.... The dont give at all. Thank again man i love them.
    Moog doesn't make bearings, they make suspension parts. Timken makes good bearings, lifetime warranty. S&K also make bearings.

Also if the bearing itself is bad the wheel will move up and down, if the tierods are loose the wheel will move from side to side. That is unless the bearing is EXCESSIVELY bad.

i got two bearings off ebay shipped for 90 bucks. brand new.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo