The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A little help please.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

A little help please.

hey guys im wiring up a radio to my 96 galant. I want to know which wire is the ignition 12v, the battery 12v, the remote wire and i read somewhere on here that ground is chassis. I dont know what they mean by that. Id appreciate any help i can get thanks.

You can find all of these points with a cheap multi-meter
    12 volt ignition means a source that is only on when your key is on. When the key is off, it will read 0 volts
    12 volt battery means a source that is constantly 12 volts no matter whether the key is on or off
    Chassis ground means a metal point of the chassis that is 0 volts all the time.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Ok I got what you mean with testing the volts...but chassis ground im suppose 2 run the ground wire from the sterio to the chassis??

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyqnz View Post
    Ok I got what you mean with testing the volts...but chassis ground im suppose 2 run the ground wire from the sterio to the chassis??
    yea ur best bet get the ground wire find a bolt inside the car unscrew it place the ground wire tip place obove the hole n screw down the bolt