The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yet another 7G

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Yet another 7G

First off let me start of by saying I havent been on here in a long time......feels good to be back. I no longer work at Mitsubishi/Hyundai due to the owner flipping cars and a 2 million dollar price tag on his head and because of this the feds shut us down for good. I now work at Mercedes/Smart car/Porsche where I am the only Smart car tech/Porsche tech in Mississippi at least. Anyway.......my car (the first Galant you all know) started burning more oil then usual.......about 2 quarts per 1k miles. So I plan to rebuild the motor. Never done a motor but its a good time to learn how to do it. I was searching around craigslist and found a 02 galant with 58k miles on it for sale. Called the owner but it was already sold. So I did some more searching and found a 97 galant to match my 95 model. So yea........now I have twins!!

Here are some pics.......just took them. To say the least Im happy to have it......even has paint on it for once!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3326201...7614861742893/

wb bro, long time

TGC Regular
    Nice I want a 7G, but I already have two and I use to own two.

haha thats sweet.. I would have a hard time deciding which one I would want to drive each day lol...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Proto
    Car looks clean. Any plans for it or just daily driver?

looks good. 2 is always better than 1!

As of right now, I will be using it as a daily driver while keeping my other G as a backup/project car.I feel like ive been cheating on it. LOL This car I just got has a few minor problems: the woodgrain around the shifter is partally missing......the passenger fog light assembly is missing has a slight bumping noise on the driverside rear sounds like a shock and the drivers side lock cylinder switch is messed up so when you arm the alarm and unlock the door, its telling the ETAC its still locked and the car is being broken into and a few other minor things are wrong which i plan to fix. Tranny has just been rebuilt so im good there and it burns 0 oil.......even with 146k miles and flat on the floor.