The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carpet / Cloth Cleaner

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Carpet / Cloth Cleaner

As this season ends and everything can be put back to normal, I want to clean up the cloth in the car.

Carpet, Door Inserts, Seats, Headliner.
    All of them have at least some sort of stain or discoloration. I know these are all pretty delicate fabrics, and sometimes basic stain removers just make things worse.

So, Im asking, what have you used and what seems to work the best?

I used turtle wax upholstery cleaner on all works well.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    X2

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    for seats and door inserts i simply take them out and scrub with laundry detergent lol. works great for mr

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    tuff stuff, works really well and is rather cheap. it can be used on just about everything. has a nice lemon zest scent too lol

might have to try this

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Blue Coral.

Yeah I agree, the blue coral upholstery cleaner is great. Also,,,if you're doing your whole interior,,,consider renting a rug doctor and use the hose attachment. I've done this before too,,,,,you wouldn't beleive the stuff that comes up in the water.
    Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNMAmhGrxR8

blue8g
    i have a carpet cleaner for house use could i use that on the carpets in the G???

blue8g
    btw my carpets is really stained so what would take out the most stain possible???

Proto
    I rented a rug doctor with the attachment and picked up some upholstery cleaner then went to town on mine. Everything looks brand new.. literally, best $30 and 4 hours I've spent. That's going over the seats, carpet, headliner, and rear deck multiple times to get every last stain out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    i have a carpet cleaner for house use could i use that on the carpets in the G???
    If it has a hose attachment then yes. A rug doctor is really a household cleaner for the carpets,,,with the hose being for stairs and furniture.
    Rug Doctor,,,Bissell Steam Cleaner etc. all do basically the same job,,so it won't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    btw my carpets is really stained so what would take out the most stain possible???
    Here's what I'd do in your case.
    1. Vacuum the car out.
    2. Get a can of Blue Coral upholstery/carpet cleaner (which should come with a scrubbing brush on the top of the can. Spray the cleaner on the really tough stains and let it work it's magic,,,using the scrubber to really work it in.
    Then spray some more on the bad stains after hand scrubbing them and let it soak some more.
    3. Get the Rug Doctor (or equivalent) and follow the instructions for use (just like in the mighty mods youtube link I posted). Go over the entire area...seats,carpets,door panels,headliner. If you want it to be a bit easier,,get your ratchet out and remove the front seats for more room.
    4. Let the car dry out and go grab a beer.

Again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNMAmhGrxR8
    Last edited by boochieboy; 03-13-2009 at 02:05 AM

blue8g
    alright that sounds good thanks!

i use resolve, great on the seat

Or you could just take your whole interior and change it completely! lol ;)

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35768

Blue Coral, a jug of hot water, and a shop vac
    I have not ran across a stain that this combination couldnt take care of.

Use Blue Coral to break up the stain.
    Then pour water over it and vac it up right away. That will suck up the stain/dirt then.