The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Muffler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Muffler

Where can I get a good muffler from?

Dont want an overly loud one.. but a "good" sounding one.. (not like a lawnmower either)

Links appreciated..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Everyone's got their own opinion, but I'll post mine first. I love the Bosal Prosport muffler. It's T304 stainless throughout, has a deep throaty sound, even with headers, but isn't loud and obnoxious even at WOT. It's also an incredibly good buy. You can find it for about $60 HERE. It cost me about $50 to have it installed, including the hangers and a piece of mandrel bent pipe to bridge it to the existing exhaust. It extends to just at the end of the lip on my bumper and has a 3" tip.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

newsobe
    i will get a muffler at my local speed shop they are giving me great prices but i don't know what to get will a 2.5inlet fit ? or a 2.25 inlet fit ??

rumpl_forskin
    I would definetly recommend the Tsudo Racing series. Deep and throaty, but not over bearing volume. PLUS...... lifetime garuantee on sound and workmanship. This is what I run........ :thumbsup:

Black2k1GTZ
    Depending on which engine you have...it will sound different. I love my Aerospeed muffler on my GTZ(v6)...i'm not sure what the model is but it has the 4x6 oval tip...sounds nice and deep and looks real sharp too...A nice change from the typical round exhaust.

If you have a 4 cyl...talk to1...b-boy_sky...whatever exhaust he has sounds really nice...it sounds like its a v6!!! Not your typical 4cyl lawn mower type sound....

Marc :mg:

Supernova
    I hope to be getting a new muffler before christmas. That will be the first thing or second thing(other cold air intake) I get after my rims.

I got the magnaflow race seriesfromwww.roadraceengineering.com
    on my 01 I4
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Snoopy

a muffler

What is a good muffler to get for a 2000 Galant es 4cyl???

Re: a muffler

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Snoopy)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is a good muffler to get for a 2000 Galant es 4cyl???</div>

AC revolution

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

wattup guys, im a new guy from NY and i wanted to know whats a good muffler to get for my 97es?? also what are my muffler bearings, when i change the muffler will they be new in the new muffler?

leadfoot
    can we do a group buy if there are alot of people getting them i want in also

I'd stick w/ 5zigen Border or the fireball
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

I had my 5zigen Fireball Muffler installed today and I have to say that I am very happy with it. I has a nice deep tone to it. I would recommend it to anyone who dont want that raspy sound. If you are not sure which one to get for your G-ride do what i did. I went to a TGCNY meet and had the fellas let me hear the sound of their exhaust. Thanks to Danj Dan (Dave) I made up my mind there and then that I would go with 5zigen.
    I would like to thank wmharrisjr (TGC Member) for hooking me up with the 5zigen Fireball Muffler ($160 shipped).
    Hope this helps my fellow members

Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

toc8g

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy
    Nothing but the Best AC AutoTechnic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycgalant
    I had my 5zigen Fireball Muffler installed today and I have to say that I am very happy with it. I has a nice deep tone to it. I would recommend it to anyone who dont want that raspy sound. If you are not sure which one to get for your G-ride do what i did. I went to a TGCNY meet and had the fellas let me hear the sound of their exhaust. Thanks to Danj Dan (Dave) I made up my mind there and then that I would go with 5zigen.
    I would like to thank wmharrisjr (TGC Member) for hooking me up with the 5zigen Fireball Muffler ($160 shipped).
    Hope this helps my fellow members

:approve: :thumbsup:
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

i went with the 5zigen and i love it. not too loud while crusing but when you hit WOT.... :shock:
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Alister_McRae
    i say get a Ravin exhaust. Yeah yeah, its American designed, but it sounds so schweet to me on my car. Plus, you can put any tip you like on it. Over the summer, im gonna get an oval tip cause my round one is rusting.

Titanium2K2

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto
    I would recommend AC as well. But I now have an I4 so I don't know how the sound will be. On my brother inlaw's v6 accord it sounded great. Real real deep.

Kakaroto, how's the sound of the AC on your ride compared to the Bosal's. I'm stuck on those two, one being cheap pricewise and few members have them, and the other is many members swear by them along with the 5zigens. Has anyone had experience with these three on an I4? Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

toc8g

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium2K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroto
    I would recommend AC as well. But I now have an I4 so I don't know how the sound will be. On my brother inlaw's v6 accord it sounded great. Real real deep.

Kakaroto, how's the sound of the AC on your ride compared to the Bosal's. I'm stuck on those two, one being cheap pricewise and few members have them, and the other is many members swear by them along with the 5zigens. Has anyone had experience with these three on an I4? Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Well,...it sounds nice and deep. No high pitch rice jingling bullshit. I had this muffler on my 2000 I-4 Fed Spec Galant, it got cut off and put on my 2002 Galant. This muffler hasn't even rusted. AC AutoTechnic makes a bad ass muffler. Its that real deep sound. it sounds bad ass. Dare to be different Bro..you will love it!!!!! I will never buy another muffler brand,...ever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast