The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Things I learned from modding my Galant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    yes and yes

Is there anything you can do to prevent the I/M from cracking? im guessing not run high boost or not going over a certain level? Just trying to learn thanks

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

TGC Regular
    Bravo man i love it very helpful.. Now i gotta go make up a plan and a parts list lol

Seeing this make me just want to go out and work on my car now.

Very nice write up qnz!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by XXL4G64 View Post
    Seeing this make me just want to go out and work on my car now.
    lol me too but im at work.
    and qnz thanks for that post, thats pretty much exactly what im going thru right now. i started off with t25 now i upgraded to a 57 trim precision t3t4 but have never installed either. i have everything planned but the injector setup and i cant find an oil drain tube.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Nothing feels better than starting your turbo car up for the first time and it actually idles....

Except when you boost it for the first time....

And you hear the BOV.
    Never actually read this, great write up even though im late.

And that part right there really makes me want my galant to be back together and turbo'd.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Is there anything you can do to prevent the I/M from cracking? im guessing not run high boost or not going over a certain level? Just trying to learn thanks

~Gabe
    Get the Mitsu Outlander Intake Manifold. Built a lot stronger than ours was, and is pretty much a bolt-on.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post

~Gabe
    you won't ever run into the IM cracking Gabe cuz youre a V6. your intake manifold is physically much much stronger than the I4 ones.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I learned that universal parts on ebay aren't so universal in terms of installation

thats a good one. I hope some more veteran members post here with some good info that may not be obvious the first time

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    you won't ever run into the IM cracking Gabe cuz youre a V6. your intake manifold is physically much much stronger than the I4 ones.
    If you have to "upgrade" a V6 manifold, the diamante IM or the 3G Eclipse GTS (03-05) would be better suited for the task.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I have learned never to rush anything. It always ends up taking a little longer to do something than expected but ends up costing far less money if you dont need to re-do it two or three times after you screw it up the first time rushing. Do you know I spent an entire night troubleshooting a no start condition, the next day I realize my boy installed the crank sensor backwards. He installed it backwards because we were dead tired, working outside in the cold at 11pm and couldnt see a damn thing. That mistake cost me a day or so of not driving the car.

I gotta agree that alot of universal stuff aint so universal after all.

I am sure I can think of more stuff, I am out of my mind right now, I havent had more than 4 hours sleep a night this week....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I started planning my 5-speed last winter and it's finally getting done the 28th this month. Takes a long time to find the right parts. Do TONS of research before you purchase anything! I spent hours upon hours studying service manuals from the 8G and 3G to know what I know now. Not as big as a turbo/engine build but its the same concept. Also, upgrade what you can while you are doing the install so that in the future you don't spend more money/time re-doing something that should have been done the right way the first time.. lol just my .02

An the medal goes to.... qnz
    Lets hope we are getting rid of the "cutting the springs" threads

thanks for adding your helpful tips guys!

i feel like having a project 8g
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

thnx man, real informitive.

hhp8008
    Thats whats up bro........ nice work :)

this is a great post.

thanks for sharing sir =)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast