The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Factory installed alarm issue

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Factory installed alarm issue

On my 97 galant ES, when the drivers door is open and you lock it with a key/press the door lock button, the security light will come on, which of course is normal. After shutting the door and letting the alarm arm itself, you can try to open the door with the key and the alarm will go off. Something somewhere is not telling the ETAC that im unlocking the door. So I replaced the door key cylinder switch with a known good one off my 95 gakant. Still doing the same thing. The ONLY way to silence the alarm is to unlock the passenger side door with the key. Also along with that, if you try locking the driver side door with a key while its shut, the others will not lock along with it and the alarm will not arm........it will only arm with the door open. And yes, the door ajar switch is working fine. Another thing is on my 95 when you turn the key twice to unlock in the drivers side door, all doors unlock in the car...this is not working as well. So im thinking something in the door actuator assembly is messed up. I know it has a 4 prong connector on it.........I plan to take it out and run some test on it to make sure that its good. None of the rods are bent. Other then testing the door lock actuator, I am out of ideas.

its normal to unlock all doors when you turn the key twice. And you say that the alarm goes off when you unlock the drivers side door with the key - see if it stops when you put the key in the ignition and turn it. If it stops then its all normal.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Update: Problem fixed. I pulled out my handy wiring diagram and decided I would check the stuff in the door first. I ran some continuity test on the door lock cylinder switch......it was found to be defective. I had a spare I kept from when I worked at Mitsubishi so I installed it. This fixed the problem with the doors not unlocking when you turned the key twice inside the drivers door and also solved the problem with the alarm system not arming when you lock the door with the key. I still had the problem with the alarm going off when you unlocked the drivers door and opened it. I tested the door lock actuator and found the internal lock/unlock switch built inside was inop. I had a extra actuator I kept from a old door a junkyard gave me when I had a 18 wheeler hit me in my 95 Galant. I then installed the actuator assembly and put all wires connectors back on. I then rolled the window down, closed the door and armed the alarm with the key. I attempted to open the door from inside the car.....the alarm went off. I tested locking and unlocking the door with the key....door was locking and unlocking like it should and the alarm did NOT go off when I unlocked it and opened it :D