The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: would 2G non-turbo fwd rear sway bar work on 7G?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

would 2G non-turbo fwd rear sway bar work on 7G?

like i said, this guy selling the rear sway bar and lower control arm very cheap. but it is non-turbo version eclipse. so i was wondering even the sway i cant use but can i use the lower control arm since is so damn cheap. i cant miss that

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    unfortunately, i don't think the lower control arms will match up.

lower front arm part #s
    2G GST - MR131754
    2G GSX - MR131754
    2G GST Spyder - MR131754

2G GS Spyder (4g64) - MB864721
    2G GS 420a - MB864721
    2G RS 420a - MB864721

looks like the turbo models got the right ones. just because the part #s are different doesn't mean specifically the arms won't work, but it puts the chances pretty high up there that they won't......

per my mind-blowing/awesome/greater-than-god tutorial , we need the MR131754 lower front arms. if you want to take the plunge and see if the other arms will work, then go for it, just let us know how it goes
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sway bars are are all the same. it will work

the difference comes from the fact that many 2g N/A eclipses dont have rear sway bars, its actually very rare to find a GS with sway bar. So, for the eclipses/GS,RS/ that dont have rear sway bar the part is the same as the galant/ES,LS,S/ MB864721. For the Eclipse equipped with sway bar /GST/ the part is MR131754, because they have the end link perches
    Last edited by mko; 03-10-2009 at 02:04 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

so if that's a definite no......how's he getting swaybar off a non turbo eclipse....i guess it was one of those super rare ones? if that's the case, then it's probably safe to say that is has the appropriate lower arms and bar.

edit: if you can get the VIN of the car it came off, i can find out for sure through mitsu wincaps

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i guess it is one of those rare one. And yes, hell need the sway bar and the control arms. The sway bar itself wont do any good

Build Thread

what excatly the control call? because they usually ask for which arm there is front one trailing arm and there is the rear one which i know they call that locating arm.

i didnt understand what you just said, but there are 3 rear control arms on each side - trailing arm, lateral arm and toe arm. The one you need to install a sway bar is the lateral arm. You already have it, but you need the one designed for sway bar.

Build Thread

you need part #5

1994 Galant GS 5spd

thanks guy. btw the super duper sweet turioural you wrote, it is very helpful thanks alot. but you only show the part number for the 18mm so i have to ask you. very nice job. finally i am going to get all the part and hoepfully get done by next week. my setup will be kyb gr-2 and eibach spring lower it 1.0 inch maybe and the sway bar. i will post picture.