The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is this a good deal?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar

Is this a good deal?

Ok, so I'm looking deep into going 5-speed. I've been communicating with a member on www.club3G.com who is parting out a GT 5-speed. It has 39,xxx miles on it. He is including the sensors, plugs, mount, and the starter plate. He wants $745 shipped. Is that a good deal for just those items?

I would still need shifter assembly with lines, cylinders, pedal, and axle. I want to keep my price around $1000 without the clutch and flywheel kit that will be upgraded along with a short shifter, heavy knob and bushings.
    Last edited by Jeffylou87; 03-10-2009 at 11:29 AM

I would say so Jeff. I paid exactly $697 shipped, and the tranny had 55,xxx miles on it. See if you can work out a deal with him where he can give you the whole swap for 1k or less.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    He doesn't have all the parts though.. :/

Just searched car-parts.com and saw one around that price range, if your willing to drive to NY so you can skip shipping. You can evn call the junkyard and see if they are willing to make a deal to fit your budget.

Transmission
    Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.0,
    5spd,
    fwd,
    38,000 A 004922 $675

Altmire's Used Auto Parts USA-NY(Felt-Mills) E-mail 1-800-201-8733

If not I say hop on that club3g deal.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Banned
    Jeff, it sounds like a good deal. If i were you i would go for it. And the other interior stuff dosent cost that much from the dealer anyway. Shifter bushings, shifter cables, and all that kinda shit you really want brand New anyway.

Go for it!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    it still a good deal
    03 I4

Jeff if you dont get it let me know cause i will lol thanks man

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    its not a bad deal jeff...as was said the other stuff is the cheaper part. aside from the clutch flywheel and other upgrades...