The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Hey !!!!

Hey!

Im new in here , i just got Mitschubishi Galant ES '98 :):):). All I have to do is Breaks (basic easy things) and Timing Belt. Here i have question , Car has 80,000 miles , timing belt was never changed...... how much more you think is gonna last for? Exept that everything is good , car is in good shape. Ill post sime pictures later. When ill look forward to add some custom styling or something in engine ill post in right spots on forum.

GO GALANT! :)

Welcome to TGC!
    "For every beautiful woman, there's a man somewhere who's tired of sleeping with her."

welcome and i would do the timing belt as soon as you can. my 03 says do it every 60k so i would guess the 98 is the same.

Welcome!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC....sweet we got another 7g owner on the boards!

You say that your Galant has 80k on it. Its recommened to replace the timing belt at 60k from Mitsubishi. For a safe piece of mind...I would change it and not take a chance of the Tbelt to break.

I would replace the Tbelt and along with that replace the water pump, cam seal, oil pump seal, crank seal, tensioner pulley, idler pulley, auto tensioner and balance shaft belt. (You can also eliminate the bshaft belt too if you choose)

If there is another TGC'er near you who is willing to help you tackle a Tbelt job...you may save some $$$.

Anyhow...enjoy your stay!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Welcome to TGC. Its time to change that t-belt (and other things) at 80k. Very nice pickup for a 98 with 80k. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Don't wait on that timing belt.. You never know how long it's going to last.. Welcome to TGC!

Thx :) :) Im really happy to get that car too ;) im 18 and thats my first car Yup ill try to change that belt as soon as i can , also i have couple friends who are really into cars so ill try 2 do it on my own , thx for all advices! How much is the tbelt it self ?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Tbelt is cheap. But you also should replace the balance shaft, balance shaft pulleys, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, auto tensioner, and water pump while you are in there.

www.partsdinosaur.com has good qualty parts on the cheap!
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Tbelt is cheap. But you also should replace the balance shaft, balance shaft pulleys, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, auto tensioner, and water pump while you are in there.

www.partsdinosaur.com has good qualty parts on the cheap!
    how much would i pay to change all of those things????

Around $200

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Around $200
    200$ just for parts or if ill go and pay someone to do it??? I dont think ill do that now , ill just do tbelt and thats it i guess....... im not sure yet

You are looking around $200 for just the parts

This is a ballpark breakdown:
    -Timing Belt: $50
    -Idler pulley: $20
    -Tensioner pulley: $40
    -Waterpump: $80 (I suggest buying Napa brand)
    -Auto tensioner: $60 (May be reusable)
    -Bshaft belt: $20
    -Seals (camshaft/oil pump/crank) $40
    -New coolant and oil and filter

Ok...I was under in the ballpark price, My bad

Depending what shop you take it to...expect to pay at least another $200 for just labor to be honest.

If you were local..I would only charge you like $50 and I could have it done in about 5 hours to replace all the recommended stuff.

KingJay2995
    Welcome 2 TGC

Thx Thx Everybody!! Im goin tmrw to my friend who works as mechanic as well as his dad , ill look and ill see how everything works and ill inform u guyz! thx again!

Hey Guyz! I have big dilema........ Galant is not as great as it looked 1st time...... i bought it for 1700$ because it was my parents friends..... thats why the price is pretty low. Dealer said they can buy from me for 2300$ , now i dont what should i do becuse it looks like its might me quite a work with it. I really like the car but there is something wrong with it. When u drive normally car runs good but when i press gas to limit RPM goes up to 3000 and it stops it tha thingi shakes and car makes weird sound and its kinda shaking/stoping , when i let the gas go and press it again slowly cars accelerate no problem , any guess??? Here ill post some pix of the car:

welcome
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Thank for everything i think ill move topic to 7G gen problems! See u There!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast