The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to program GTZ sunshade's garage door opener?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

How to program GTZ sunvisor's garage door opener?

Edit: Found the answer!!!

I got a SUNVISOR, it comes with the gate opener. Please let me know how I can program this door opener to open my garage door with it?

Thanks,
    Last edited by rez887; 03-11-2009 at 11:20 PM

Ive never seen that before, that comes stock?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Yeah its stock on some super rare 8g, however I found my answer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    How do you do it? I have one.. They come in the LS and GTZ model..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    How do you do it? I have one.. They come in the LS and GTZ model..
    Not all LS and GTZ.
    1. turn engine off
    2. prepare for programming the mutsubishi homelink universal transmitter by erasing all three of the factory defauly channels by holding down the two outside buttons until the red light begins to flash (20-30 seconds). release both buttons.
    3. hold the end of your hand-held transmitter against the mitsubishi homelink universal transmitter (located on your visor) keeping the red light red light within the homelink icon view.
    4.using both hands, puch the hand-help transmitter button and the desired button to br trained on the mutsubishi homelink universal transmitter. do not release the buttons until step 5 has been compleated.
    5. hold down both buttons until the red light on the universal transmitter flashes, first slowly and then rapidly. when the red light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released.
    6. to program the remaining 2 channels follow steps 3 through 5.
    NOTE: when sending a code, keep the transmitter within about an inch for the mitsubishi homelink universal transmitter.

Thanks for the quick Tutorial im headed to the JY tomorrow ill see if i can find one

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

I usually see those garage openers on 3G Eclipse, 2G Stratus/Sebring Coupes.

My 2000 GTZ don't have that... :?

EDIT: just checked CAPS and it was available in 99-01 ES premium and LS models only!
    Last edited by HondaKillerGTZ; 03-12-2009 at 01:02 PM

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    is that battery operated? or it connects of the vanity mirror?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i have it on my 99 es v6

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKillerGTZ View Post
    My 2000 GTZ don't have that... :?

EDIT: just checked CAPS and it was available in 99-01 ES premium and LS models only!
    My 01 ES premium never had that.

I think they were only available in 99 GTZ, LS,and ES V6.
    Last edited by rez887; 03-12-2009 at 10:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    I think they were only available in 99 GTZ, LS,and ES V6.
    I have a 99 4 cylinder ES with one.

Do u think that this will work on a 2007 galant ralliart? i have been trying to look for this answer for my year but cant find it. the only thing is that my buttons are on my rear view mirror.

It looks like it comes with the homelink opener right? I think the instructions might work from another car. It should be in your owners manual. Do you have it? Otherwise I'll look for the instructions for our Volvo and let you know. I've programmed it for the volvo before, but it did require getting up there into the garage door controller and hitting the program button before it worked. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    It looks like it comes with the homelink opener right? I think the instructions might work from another car. It should be in your owners manual. Do you have it? Otherwise I'll look for the instructions for our Volvo and let you know. I've programmed it for the volvo before, but it did require getting up there into the garage door controller and hitting the program button before it worked. Let me know.
    no i bought my car used and it didnt have a manual. I actually put up a thread about an owners manual or at least help on this and really didnt get much info. i tried what ppl told me to try but all i did was erase my other openers lmao.

Did you have to do anything in your garage door itself, or did you just try programming your car? Mine didn't reprogram my other openers.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    Thank you very much! I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Did you have to do anything in your garage door itself, or did you just try programming your car? Mine didn't reprogram my other openers.
    my brother held the learn button too long lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast