The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trannsmision?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Thank you for all advices guys! You really helped me , ill go around looking for cheaper parts but probably ill end up buying most of them in AZ. When ill change those parts ill tell you if everything works fine , for now topic is done

Ok guyz this subject moved forward , so i changed:

Spark Plugs
    Wireset
    Rotor
    Cap

Plug in 3rd cylinder was messed up , all those parts refreshed car , i see car goes faster but the choking kind of is still a issue. Before like i said i floored gas and i felt right away how car shakes and stops on 3000 RPM , after changing those parts i floor the gas now car goes up to 4000-5000 RPM and it stops and after couple seconds it start to shake/choke and it doesnt accelerate..... what you think?? My other shot for fuel filter.........idk whats wrong

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    hmm is it flooding or not getting enough fuel.. id check the pump and filter.. does the car idle and run smooth because if not an injector might be shot
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

car goes smooth its only if i floor it...... idk ill check fuel filter this week and ill post if it helped , if not thats something more seriouse and ill get i little worried :(

TGC Regular
    It might have somthing to do with your over drive.... idk it seems like maybe when you floor it, its almost like the signols being sent for you a/f ratio are getting mixed up and they are not correct.... Anyone else have any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by kondypl View Post
    car goes smooth its only if i floor it...... idk ill check fuel filter this week and ill post if it helped , if not thats something more seriouse and ill get i little worried :(
    when u floor it does the car down shift like its supposed 2? or is this even from a stop??? my old tranny did that it started not down shifting then it blew up
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Im really tired of that car.......... i changed all those shit :

*Spark Plug (4)
    *Distribution Cap
    *Rotor-Ignitio
    *Wireset
    *PCV Valve
    *Oil Change
    *Oil Filter
    *Timing Belt
    *Fuel Filter
    *Transmission Filter
    *Transmission Fluid

It didnt help...... car still chokes , now its even worster , it chokes on 3000 rpm even on neutral...... Check engine is still on........ idk wtf should i do?? do u think its tranny dying? if yes to hell with it im not gonna fix it i need to sell that shit ....

Quote Originally Posted by kondypl View Post
    It didnt help...... car still chokes , now its even worster , it chokes on 3000 rpm even on neutral...... Check engine is still on........ idk wtf should i do?? do u think its tranny dying? if yes to hell with it im not gonna fix it i need to sell that shit ....

Its not your tranny if it is choking up in neutral. I would suggest either fuel filter, or possibly the internal coil in the distributor is getting weak and can't keep up at the higher rpms.

look up on list of parts i did , i changed fuel filter....... i just came back from AZ i did the scan and its the same code as before. Its should be something up with ignition system.But I changed cap , rotor , wires , plugs so its only Fuel injector left on the list .... its says that its something missfire ..... i changed Fuel Filter...... so its either Fuel Injector or Tranny....... how do i check which one ?
    Last edited by kondypl; 04-19-2009 at 05:38 PM

wuts the exact code number?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

P0300

Its P0300 its all about ingnition system and i changed it all and it didnt help...... also it might be Oxygen sensor.... its gotta be Oxygen Sensor or Fuel Injector... but idk how to change those two things....i dont think its tranny cuz when i go normaly its shifting smothly and when i press gas normaly to the end it goes up to 7 rpm its only when i floor the gas its always stops on 3 rpm and it chokes kind of ...... doesnt matter if its driving or neutral

A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plugs or wires .. u changed
    Faulty coil (pack) .. distributor which you did
    Faulty oxygen sensor(s) ???
    Faulty fuel injector(s) ???
    Burned exhaust valve ???
    Faulty catalytic converter(s).. u said yours is good
    Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages .. u have the plate right
    Faulty camshaft position sensor .. ditsributor does that on our cars
    Defective computer ???
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

yup so like i said either O2 Sensor or Fuel Injector ......... how can i check which one is messed up?

ive heard if you unpug them 1 at a time and see which one when its not connected allows the motor to idle better then thats the messed up one.. if you have aim or somethin g hop on there so we can talk faster.. mine is mustangjunkie10
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

mine was kind of doing that when i had faulty front o2 sensor.

Did you say you have an egr block off plate
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

If you have logging software, you can do a log and see if the O2 sensors are cylcling. If they stay at or around the same #, it is dead. If you don't have a logger, find a good mechanic that scanner that can monitor the data stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    ive heard if you unpug them 1 at a time and see which one when its not connected allows the motor to idle better then thats the messed up one.. if you have aim or somethin g hop on there so we can talk faster.. mine is mustangjunkie10
    mine is kondypl , i added you , ill aim u

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12