The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Add batery w/o blowing alternator

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Add batery w/o blowing alternator

Ok...Been a LONG time. n E way

I blew my alternator about 6 months ago.... Dealership replaced it and thats all good. My system (1100 watt rms (3) 10" infinity perfects) is dimming my lights. The cap i have isn't really helping me out. I know adding a battery would help me out, but I don't want to put too much extra stress on the alternator.

Any solutions.ideas?
    http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=626038
    REALLY WORKS!!! costs about 5 bucks!!

im running stock altenator with 2 batteries, i havent had any probs been like this for at least 3 years or more

Do the "Big 3" Upgrade - put a larger gauge (I did 1 gauge) on the ground to engine/battery ground/alternator to battery.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Get a battery isolator.. Lets the alternator charge one battery until fully charged, then moves onto the second one.. It goes back and fourth.

Fix your wiring, I have 2 yellowtops, 3 alpine amps, car pc, 2 sets of hids and all on a stock alternator. Just don't go cheap on wiring. Everything should always return to the negative terminal on the battery and not to the car's body ground. I also have a 0 guage power wire between the 2 batts and a 4 guage wire negative wire between the batts.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Definitely check the wiring and invest on somethin decent if you havent already.
    Or you can bridge two caps to fix your dimming, thats what I did.

"Or you can bridge two caps to fix your dimming, thats what I did." - Bandaid on a bullet wound
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    "Or you can bridge two caps to fix your dimming, thats what I did." - Bandaid on a bullet wound
    Yeah Bridge the two power caps, or buy a better one Either way its easy to do. Are your subs bridged in the amp aswell?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

ul b fime

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    ..maybe not the prime solution, but it fixed the dimming and has been fine for 2 years.

Any pics of the big 3 install?

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Yeah Bridge the two power caps, or buy a better one Either way its easy to do. Are your subs bridged in the amp aswell?

~Gabe

Any pics of how u bridged the caps?

hhp8008
    I'm also interested in pics of the "Big 3 Install".