The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine cleaning !!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Engine cleaning !!

Does anybody know what to use to clean u're engine ?? and how to clean that /// <-- something look like that on the V6, the 1 looks like tube ( dont know what is it called )

and also is there only 3 spark plugs for the v6 ?? cause i want to change it, i just do a 30k miles service and i dont think the dealer change the spark plugs for me !!!

Thanks
    Sex is when a guys information
    enters a girls communication
    to increase the population
    for a younger generation
    do you get the information...
    or do you need a demonstration ??

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar

Re: Engine cleaning !!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efiLnikcuFeciN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody know what to use to clean u're engine ?? and how to clean that /// <-- something look like that on the V6, the 1 looks like tube ( dont know what is it called ) Â*

and also is there only 3 spark plugs for the v6 ?? cause i want to change it, i just do a 30k miles service and i dont think the dealer change the spark plugs for me !!! Â*

Thanks</div>

if you are walking about the tube that is connected to a black box? that is where the air flow go through to get to your engine. as for why the dealer didnt you change your spark plug on your V6 is cause they dont need to be changed until you hit 60,000 miles. The dealer told me that to change the all the plugs it takes about 3.5 hours. i guess mitsu put the plugs in such a fucked up area and decided to save people money by putting some good spark plugs in there.

BlueESV6
    I've heard good things about simple green to clean engine.

The back plugs are under the intake! Pain in butt to change and possibly worth the dealer to change!

Yeah that tube that connect to the black box i'm trying to clean that up so it'll shine again i use WD 40 with a toothbrush it actually works but it wont give that shiny look
    for a younger generation

Supernova
    My engin is all dusty and crap. They removed the asfault on my road not too long ago and I had to drive on that dusty mess for over a month. At least not its tar and gravel... :?

there are 6 plugs on the v6. 3 in the front and 3 in the back...u can't see the back 3 but its there...hard to find

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yep. The back 3 are under the air intake plenum. I just can't believe the dealer takes 3.5 hours to do the plugs, lol. Boy, at their rates, that's a killin'. It took me 2.5 hours the first time. Now it should take me no more than 45 min. to do all 6. I have a tutorial with lots of pictures if you want a reference. Just look in the tutorial section under "8G/Removing Air Intake Plenum" at https://www.thegalantcenter.com

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

WoW I'm impress Thank you, but i dont think i'm gonna do it too much work to do and have no time
    for a younger generation

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    then i guess my dealer is trying to rip me off. i should of known lol

BlueESV6
    Dealers don't charge for jobs in "real time" hours... they charge in "labor hours" which basically is an agreed upon amount of time to charge for a specific job....

the key is "greed" in the word agreed!!! ha

I'm seriously considering doing the plugs but want to have all the parts I'll need in front of me. (no close dealership). I'll have to check out the pics!! Thanks for the effort TJC!!!

WOULD I HAVE TO COVER ANYTHING UP WHEN I CLEAN MY ENGINE?
    Team TGCLV

Quote Originally Posted by flo-dog
    WOULD I HAVE TO COVER ANYTHING UP WHEN I CLEAN MY ENGINE?
    an open air filter. thats all i cover up. uhm just make sure that everything is dry b4 u start the car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gilhuly
    Simple Green works great. Spray it on liberally, wait for 15 mins and spray off with the hose full blast. Everything is tight under there unless you have a modified intake or something. If you have some really filthy areas you may need a second application.

I use SImple Green and i don't worry about covering my filter because its not in direct contact with the simple green or water used to rinse the motor off.

It works GREAT!!

artman20
    Black Magic for the black plastic items under the hood will bring back the shine.