The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Some semi-sh*tty pics of my Diamante on D2 Galant Coilovers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

My Diamante on D2 Galant Coilovers //better pics at bottom of pg.1// (no 56k)

Heres the story...
    I've always wanted to drop my Diamante, but parts are few for that car, after trying 2-3 other suspension setups to lower the car I finally achieved the drop I wanted with D2 coilovers meant for 8g's. Spring rates are 8 upfront/ 6 outback. They were a direct bolt-on with the exception of the upper strut mounts in the back which were 3 bolt on the Diamante and only 2 bolt on the Galant coilovers. Simple fix though, just drilled a hole at each back corner solved the problem and they've been riding great.

The car is pretty much slammed. There are tow hooks welded to the car tucked under the front bumper, I have just about 2.5-3" ground clearance on those as well as the exhaust and oil pan. before you roast me... haven't bottomed out yet, and I drive very cautiously. Sorry for the shitty pics, I'll get better ones up soon

Last edited by rollingwithdubz; 03-14-2009 at 05:20 PM

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

G_RIDE
    looks good!

i like it! get this kit:

of course you'll have NO ground clearance but it'll be nice as hell!

nice! I love seeing Diamantes like that its awesome I kind of want one instead of the Galant.

looks really good man. ive always wanted a diamante so the galant wouldnt be the daily. how do you like the ride, drive quality, noise, comfort, etc?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i like it! get this kit:

Come on man, we aint in Cali. We in Upstate NY. That kit would be in pieces along the road within 15 minutes after installation:smt011:smt044

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    Come on man, we aint in Cali. We in Upstate NY. That kit would be in pieces along the road within 15 minutes after installation:smt011:smt044
    Just wait until my VRG lip is on, holy cow that thing rides low, and I'm only lowered 1"/.

Rollin, the D looks sweet, and it is great to know that the G suspension works on it. My desire to get a Diamante has increase because of your efforts.

sweet! Love it man

GREEN is the new BLACK

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i like it! get this kit:

i love the drop!

btw that kit is gross IMO.....i love diamantes one of my best friends has one it's beat really bad on the outside, bumpers are all torn up but it rides real nice and interior is classy

with fogs...that kit would be SEX
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

omg that looks sweet. only thing im gonna roast you about is blurry pics!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Newer pics

I promised better pics.... here are some.

And some interior pictures...

Last edited by rollingwithdubz; 03-14-2009 at 05:19 PM

00' Diamante LS

Thanks for all the feedback fellas, I work hard on that damn car its good to get some props every now n then lol.

I'm personally not a fan of the VIP kit at all, no offense to anyone. I think it looks tacky and if you browse car domain for 5 minutes you can find countless Diamante's ruined by that awful kit. Plus 6G72Galant is right about the roads here upstate, that kit wouldn't last a day.

00galantguy... the ride quality is what you'd expect for a lowered car. I have the D2's set to their softest damper setting so it rides like a champ on the highway and most decent roads. You do feel the bumps on the road, but I personally like that. The diamante is a hell of the car though, the interior needs no modification its so classy from the factory and the 6G74 moves nice.

00' Diamante LS

Banned
    I fcking love that generation of Diamantes. I love Diamantes period. that looks fucking sick on D2s. Now paint it BLACK(pay for some extra layers of clearcoat so it can look Wet) and it will look fcking perfect.

But absolutely NO body kits cause they all look atrocious on Diamantes. The Diamante is type of car you don't kit because they simply don't need them to look hot.

Experienced TGC Member
    Lookin good! Wal Mart parking lot eh? Yeh today was a beautiful day. But i really wish we had fresh, smooth roads up here. Im refusing to put my wheels on until the spring gets here. Usually all the craters in the road are fixed by then.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    They drop is stupid dope! Amazing..

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    The last pic in the lot from your second photo shoot has me sold. Slammed and lookin' classy, good work man.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

SICK! diamante, it would look way better if you took the license plate off the front though.

TGC Regular
    Naw man you want this kit

1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast