The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Photoshoot and build

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 74
    Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    Plans have changed : /

Work for this summer went to shit, so as i wanted to do my tranny first... looks like i'll bee doing full catback exhaust, intake... maybe outlander exhaust manny
    Outlander INTAKE manifold maybe!? lol

yesss lol :)

So today I went out to my buddy's place and did some cutting... I practiced on a few pieces of metal until i got the hang of it.

I was using the dremel cutting wheel that came in the box... what a piece of shit lol... I went out and bought some reinforced wheels, they worked like a charm....

we measured like 9 times... taped it all up (got the idea from Galante) and traced it out with a light cutting wheel

then i moved in for the heavy cut with some reinforce cut-offs... I cut out a rough square about half a centimeter in off the outline (which i scratched in with a knife)
    I look a bit too excited..

After that, all tape was removed and i used a grinding disk to make the rounds... When that failed completely, I went out and bought some grinding stones.. which sucked REALLY bad lol.

this is the aftermath of the stone...

Either way.. after a bit of fighting I finished it...

For those who want to do this...

It is very easy, time consuming, and completely worth it.

But save your time and money and go straight for Reinforced Cutting Wheels, and diamond tipped grinding stones... which Im' getting tomorrow. I'll post pics one i get them.
    Last edited by es_fact; 06-04-2009 at 12:01 AM

I also cleared my corners :D

very nice. When I look at your guys' JDM side markers, I wish I spent the money and did the same to mine.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    very nice. When I look at your guys' JDM side markers, I wish I spent the money and did the same to mine.
    How did you do yours?

I also removed the Halo fogs because the glass cracked on one, the LEDs died... and i didn't feel like taking it all apart to fix it :) lol

plus i wanna get HID fogs...

Very good job w/ the side marker install! Any pic of the car showing the side marker?

Nice cleared corners too!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    How did you do yours?
    same, but I went with some knockoff Integra sidemarkers.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i hate grinding wheels. they wear down much to fast. and if you run it at too high of an RPM, the metal will stick to the wheel when it cools.

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Very good job w/ the side marker install! Any pic of the car showing the side marker?

Nice cleared corners too!
    thanks,no pics yet.. as i've only done one, Tomorrow i'll throw it on for demonstration purposes.. but kepp in mind it wont be color matched.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    same, but I went with some knockoff Integra sidemarkers.
    I was gonna do the same thing... but I almost got eaten alive when i told people i wanted to do that lol

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    i hate grinding wheels. they wear down much to fast. and if you run it at too high of an RPM, the metal will stick to the wheel when it cools.
    I know... it's such a bitch, but today i picked up a set of 4 diamond tip grinders... that should do the trick lol

and for those who plan on ordering the side markers from japan... the USDM OUTLANDER has the same exact clear markers with matching connectors.

I found that out today cause i went to the dealer and they gave them Jap part num for the connectors, and they came up as usdm outlander light assy

and I paid only 5 something for each plug :)

Good! you are able to get hold of the connector to make wiring much easy. Good info.

I received my rear disks from MKO today :)

I'm not taking pics of the install because well... theres a perfectly good tutorial out there which Im' following all the way lol...

http://www.galanttuners.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37

I'll post again when it's done. I might not paint the calipers just yet.. i'll do so when i upgrade to r1 concept rotors, that way i'll remove everything at once... I don't feel like doing it now.

You'll love all wheels discs brake when you these installed! You get additional braking power plus it looks so much better than drums. Get the R1 slotted rotors and pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    You'll love all wheels discs brake when you these installed! You get additional braking power plus it looks so much better than drums. Get the R1 slotted rotors and pads.
    For now i'm going stock cause i can get them cheap.

But as soon as i get a chance i'll upgrade all 4 to r1

So today i got pulled for my HID's and i got a "fix-it" ticket. The cop told me to either get rid of them, or find a set of projectors that will direct the beam properly lol...

luckly i was with my GF who now wants to buy me those ebay projectors...

HERE I COME....

I think I'm going for a drop next. I hear coil overs are the way to go, although the ride quality is shit. I've also heard of some nice strut/shock and spring combination...

My may goal is to get a nice decent drop and have better performance without loosing too much ride comfort.

I wanna lean more towards coils... any suggestion?

I've heard of a few... d2, ksport ,tien...

I got the eyelids and heads :)

Nice stuff

oh and galante, I followed your advice about the rotors, I decided that getting 2 rears from Canadian tire would cost me about 160 plus tax, but the r1 front and back with pads will cost me about 260 USD shipped lol... about 300 CAD so it makes sense lol I'm going to pay him on monday i should have them on hopefully mid next week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast