The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72T's 5sp. project.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

6G72T's 5sp. project.....

Just getting a head start before I gather anything. I have no parts yet, but I have done enough research and diagnostic book reading to get things right the first time. lol So, as I get my money together and get things ordered and find them myself at junkyards, I will be doing a many-picture, full length detailed tutorial so a 5yr old can do it. Mine is a 2001 so the ecu/immobilizer will have to be re-flashed/replaced and I can get a price on that for you all too. So I'll keep you posted.

3G Tranny (check) $175 junkyard
    pass. side axle (priced not bought) Advanced Auto Parts-aftermarket with ABS $69.99
    starter plate(check) came with tranny price
    2 New axle seals (check) OEM new $8.??
    Clutch (check) TGC private sale $170
    Flywheel (check) came with tranny
    Pressure Plate (check) incl. clutch price
    Throwout Bearing (check) incl clutch price
    Master Cylinder (installed) club3G private sale $90
    Slave Cylinder (check) incl in master price
    Clutch Pedal (installed) incl in master price
    Brake Pedal (installed) incl in master price
    Shifter Assembly (check) incl in master price
    Linkages (found not bought yet) OEMmitsubishiparts.com $91+shipping
    Short shifter (priced not bought) Adrenaline Motorsports $75 fidanza
    Shift knob (priced not bought) ebay $40 real cf
    Fluid (priced not bought) Advanced Auto Parts
    Flywheel bolts(check) TGC private sale $20
    Pressure plate bolts(check) came with tranny

Steve
    Last edited by 6G72T; 05-31-2009 at 12:56 PM

Member since October '03

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    just as a heads up the ecu has no effect on actual mechanical driving of the car, it is simply a fix for the ses light/codes

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    just as a heads up the ecu has no effect on actual mechanical driving of the car, it is simply a fix for the ses light/codes

yeah thats what I figured. Just would annoy some people I know. lol

Steve

Member since October '03

Hey, whats up Steve? cool to hear that your goin 5 speed. Keep up the awsome work!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Hey, whats up Steve? cool to hear that your goin 5 speed. Keep up the awsome work!
    Hey what up!! Thanks dude. It'll be fun. Just having the hardest damn time finding the fucking parts.

Member since October '03

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    It's not that hard.. Found a donor car in a junkyard nearby got everything in one shot.. Best way to do it..

Yeah, tell me about it. Its almost like STL doesnt have anything! Takes me forever to find anything. And it is almost impossible to find a 8G or 3G eclipse in a junk yard around the Wentzville area. Hope everything goes good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Yeah, tell me about it. Its almost like STL doesnt have anything! Takes me forever to find anything. And it is almost impossible to find a 8G or 3G eclipse in a junk yard around the Wentzville area. Hope everything goes good for you.
    yeah? try finding any mitsu in toronto lol

Yeah this shit is getting silly. but I found 2 guys on club3G that has it all. Buying this week. But last thing I will need is the axle and tranny itself. But the pressure plate, clutch, pilot bearing, and axle seals are in from mitsu. So i'll have to get that stuff in the next couple weeks. I know the guy in parts so he went ahead and ordered and I'll pay half this week and the other half next paycheck. But at least I wont have to wait on it all. Getting a new
    aftermarket axle from advanced only $70 so.... but yeah just follow along. I have been using the Galant service manuals and chiltons crap to get it all done quickly and get the wiring done. Shouldn't be too bad. I have a tech from the local speed shop here going to help. He has done this swap 2x in the past on the eclipse. But my neighbor will be guy number three. Very knowledgable and is doing is research so we are all on the same page. But I'll have the other local tgc guys come out to hang out for the occasion.

Steve

Member since October '03

Alright, first of the parts finally showed up from a guy in AZ from Club3G. and I put them on right away last night:

Auto brake pedal setup:

Holes in which to cut out. I drilled then dremeled with sandpaper attatchment.

Clutch and brake pedal.

Other shit I got last night.

Master Cyl.

Dry CF shift boot.

Auto pedal removed next to 5sp pedal.

Mounting tabs on the auto(right) for the safety cable.

Brake pedal removed.

Holes drilled out and Master in place(only 20min)

Closer look:

Underhood on the firewall. Looks nice....lol

Clutch pedal mounted with new brake pedal.

Close up of nuts/bolts in place

Look at resvoir mounted with Master.

Now where does this go exactly? Im not sure where the line is off the Master?
    Last edited by 6G72T; 04-08-2009 at 07:51 AM Reason: updated pics

Member since October '03

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

That line should bolt from another extension line which is longer which should run from the clutch master cylinder and the line in the pic should bolt up to that extension line and the slave obvisously bolts to the transmission near the shift fork base.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Hey steve, yeah just as advice, when i finally found my tranny (car-part.com) the yard it was at allowed me to go and rip all the parts off i needed and then pulled the tranny for me. It helped because then you know how everything goes on, not that its very complicated but youll know what goes where and how.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

The slave cylinder sits on the front of the tranny (thanks Mitsu for the easy access 8)), with the banjo fitting at the bottom. The bracket is supposed to bolt to the tranny, and there is a second hard line that goes from the master to the hose.

I just used an SS hose for a 2G Eclipse/Evo from Slowboy racing, but it was a bit short so I had to use 1 other hard line. If you want an SS line though, ask Underrated where he got his since his line is actually better suited for Galants (SS line all the way from salve to master).
    Last edited by DryBear; 04-08-2009 at 12:38 PM

Damn, i cant wait till mine gets started.

if you need any specific pics, if i can or rather if is accessable, i will try to help you out as well just let me know what you need

figured i would add this as well since i just saw it...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/automoti...nsmission.html

Awesome thanks guys. I know I'll appreciate your help by the end. I'm going to do the best I can with pics and how to's so anyone can do this.

Steve

Member since October '03

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    if you need any specific pics, if i can or rather if is accessable, i will try to help you out as well just let me know what you need
    is there a pic or two of that line installed?

Member since October '03

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    You can also just buy a brake line and bend it.. You are missing one line that goes from the master to that rubber hose... The other end of the rubber hose gets attatched to the tranny via a bracket.

Last edited by Jeffylou87; 04-09-2009 at 09:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72T View Post
    is there a pic or two of that line installed?
    no problem, i will go in a little while and snap a few for you. it does go on the front of the tranny right near the clutch fork as 4g stated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast