The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72T's 5sp. project.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    I might still have that line in my garage, if so, you can have it for shipping. But it should be pretty cheap from the dealer, might be easier to just buy it new.

The clutch line really isn't too bad to install, but honestly i wouldnt really worry about it yet until you have the tranny installed, otherwise thats just one more little thing to maneuver around while bringing the tranny in cause its such a tight fit.

EDIT: Im gonna add your thread to mine just to create a database-ish of all the questions being addressed.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

thats cool.

GTX i may get it, let me see how much from the dealer and I'll let you know.

Stevet

Member since October '03

Went to Mitsu on Friday morning to buy the axle seals and send the OEM clutch kit back, as the exedy is on its way thanks to warriorlax(thank dude).

But while I was up there, they said $65 to program the key. Haven't decided whether manual eclipse ECU swap or just immobilizer is easier. I'm going to have them price both for me so I'll keep you posted. Oh and the hard line off the Master is $25.?? with my discount.

Steve

Member since October '03

Did you get prices quoted for ECU or immobilizer yet?

Oh and hows the swap going?

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    Did you get prices quoted for ECU or immobilizer yet?

Oh and hows the swap going?
    No not yet, but I have purchaced flywheel bolts from boostz so I'm getting there. Tranny won't be bought until after the wedding(May 15th) so Im saving my pennies as best as possible minus bills/beer. But I'll keep you all posted. I'll have to go up to MItsu on wednesday and find out prices on both immobilizer issues. Keep in mind my quote may differ from yours. I know the service/parts guys here so they will hook it up. So you may want to add $30-80 to overall when i get that.

Steve

Member since October '03

Alright everyone. Major progress now with parts buying. I had to take a break because I went and got married. But I went to a junkyard and finally found a 3G 5sp. They said $125 if I pull it, or $175 if they do. Well, for the $50 for 2-3hrs of labor i think it was worth it. They threw in the flywheel too. It was supposed to be $20. lol But I now have it all but the hard line off master, shifter cables(they cut those when pulling the tranny for me), insert for tranny mount on side(they broke that too), and axle and I'm good to go. I will post pics of the tranny when I get a chance.

Member since October '03

Alright pics I promised many weeks ago. Dern...I'm too busy for this. I have 2 more months and my house will be done being built and then I can get the rest of my stuff. maybe it will be a winter project. I just need the axle, shifter cables, fluids, and hard line off the master; oh and some cash. haha The mounts are messed up but only the inserts so I am going to replace those with solid inserts. But here are pics from weeks ago getting the tranny torn down and cleaned up:

http://img197.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0000894.jpg

and the broken mold where the lower bolt for the front mount goes. I guess from where the junkyard set it on the ground. I know of 3 people around here that can build it up and we can tap and thread it. No biggie. But the tranny seems good other than that.

Steve
    Last edited by 6G72T; 06-27-2009 at 11:12 AM

Member since October '03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12