The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake & exhaust

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

intake & exhaust

Ok guys so i need some advice here i know most of you all have CAI's does anyone here have a short ram? the reason i ask cause im a little worried about getting water sucked up to my engine like my friend did with his integra.... im not sure if any of u all have had that problem.... so now on to my exhaust question im looking to put a dual exhaust on my RA does anyone know where i could find some or would it have to be custom?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you run a CAI just make sure that you don't drive into puddles or you can buy a intake system with a bypass so just in case you do run into a puddle water won't make it to your motor.

Its fine to run a short ram intake as long its getting the air not near the motor where it less prone to heat soak.

Not sure if their is a dual exhaust specifically for the 9g's, but maybe for the 4g Eclipses possibly. The only other option is to get a dual exhaust custom made from a local exhaust shop.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

check your PM about the CAI

as far as the exhaust goes, youre gonna have to go custom but you can keep the stock piping back until the split... thats my next project after getting it lowered

I had the same problem as you I live in flood zone here in NJ and I had CAI after a real bad scare I dicthed it and got the SRI from injen here is the model #SP1867P or #SP1867BLK ranges from $250 up I got my for $260 shipped from ebay.... good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    check your PM about the CAI

as far as the exhaust goes, youre gonna have to go custom but you can keep the stock piping back until the split... thats my next project after getting it lowered
    how low are you going to put it i have 3 inches in the front and 5 in the back to work with to get up my driveway im thinkn at least 1 1/2 in the front and 1inch in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Blazepr24 View Post
    I had the same problem as you I live in flood zone here in NJ and I had CAI after a real bad scare I dicthed it and got the SRI from injen here is the model #SP1867P or #SP1867BLK ranges from $250 up I got my for $260 shipped from ebay.... good luck!!
    thanks bro i might just look into that how does it sound was it easy to install?