The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Those with a 4G64 TURBO, where are you?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    HiperSilver

Those with a 4G64 TURBO, where are you?

Everyone talks about turbocharging there 7g , you guys that did finish the task, where are you pics?

Id like to see some.

Spyder4G64t
    I don't have a Galant, but it should look 95% identical. Check out my website listed in my signature.

Experienced TGC Member
    Curtis' Spyder is about as close as you can get there Hyper. I don't think anyone here has a turbo 4g64. A lot have moved to the 63, but no 64's.

On second thought... TurboGalant has a 7g I believe.... :?:

I'll remeber to post here after the summer
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TurboGalant
    True, it is a 4G64T now (Garrett T25). I am buying parts to get it rebuilt this year some time. I am going to take it to Bar None Motorsports in Dallas, I think. Going DOHC with stronger internals to increase boost and eventually start spraying!!
    I need to go down there and talk to those guys in person, but they really sound like they know what they are doing.

Try this:
    http://www.geocities.com/lowillusions_ar/Mvc-018s.jpg

It is not that good of a pic, since I did not stand close enough, but it is the only pic I have on the internet. I will hopefully have better pics after the 10th. You can see the battery has been moved (into the trunk). It is about a year and a half old now.

Mesverrum

well...

I dont know if there are many 4g64t galants, but there is a growing number of 4g64t galant engines being tossed into the dsms lately. I saw in another post on this board someone was talking about paying around 6gs or so for the swap, and im not sure completely, but http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/ has built up 4g64/3t hybrid motors for 4000 just to give you an idea. Add in labor and 6000 doesnt seem TOO out there. If you did this all yourself though i have seen mention on the dsm boards of this being well under 3000 including pretty beefed up engine internals.