The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring multiple accessories to 9G

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    rocgalant

Wiring multiple accessories to 9G

Hi guys. I'm a little lost here. I wired my amp's remote turn and an FM Modulator to my radio's 12v turn-on wire. I purchased an Ipod adapter to charge my Ipod while playing and don't know any other wires to use. Do you guys know any other wires I can use to provide power? Preferrably two more wires so I don't have to rely on my radio's turn-on so heavily. Thanks!

the fuse box? cigarette lighter? battery?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

you should get a power distibution block for 12 volt accessories so you only make one connection to the car and the rest to the block
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Use a relay and then only use your radios acc wire for a trigger to the relay. Really simple mod to do, then you don't have to worry about blowing random fuses.

Cut the 12v cig wire, power and ground, then cut your ipod, connect them, ground it and reconnect the cig lighter power that way it still works, then feed the ipod wire through the center dash to wherever you want it, nice and easy

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by menace View Post
    Use a relay and then only use your radios acc wire for a trigger to the relay. Really simple mod to do, then you don't have to worry about blowing random fuses.
    Thanks for the replies. I was thinking relay as the most reliable solution as well. So if I do that, could I splice the acc wire to the 86 pin (with a 5a fuse) and the constant 12v wire to the 87 pin (with a 5a fuse)? Then have the add-ons connected to the 30 pin?

rocgalant
    So I went to Pep Boys and picked up a couple of 'Add-a-Circuit' things. It was extremely easy and everything works fine.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Congrats.. I was just going to tell you to tap into the lighter from behind.. Hehe, that's what she said..

rocgalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87 View Post
    Congrats.. I was just going to tell you to tap into the lighter from behind.. Hehe, that's what she said..
    Lol fo sho.