The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hyundai Sonata 5-speed Transmission

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 124
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    thats very kind of ya

Quote Originally Posted by stewi View Post
    ok so i just found out one of the junkyards near my house has a 5 speed tranny for an 01 sonata showing up on car-part.com

i am off on friday, after i bring my tranny to nj to get built, then stop in si to help goosey time his motor, i will go and check this tranny out. I have an empty eclipse 5 speed tranny, its literally just a bell housing and case, i will try to take side by side pics.
    good man!!!

definitely update us with that info Brian!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

no matter what gets brought up on this site it seems that the main guys to help everyone and help get info figured out is brian and roman. you two guys are the biggest help. i just thought you two needed to have a little congrats on helping everyone. sorry to jack the thread but its overdue on here to give an uplift to the guys that make this site worthwhile. and to everyone who helps make it that way.
    no longer a g owner.....:(

Soon to get another.....:)

any news on this?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Didnt get a chance to go over there on friday. I was too busy bringing my tranny to NJ and then helping roman do the timing belt on his new motor. I will try and drop in one night this week. its tough during the week becaue I work a solild hour and a half from the yard with traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Didnt get a chance to go over there on friday. I was too busy bringing my tranny to NJ and then helping roman do the timing belt on his new motor. I will try and drop in one night this week. its tough during the week becaue I work a solild hour and a half from the yard with traffic.

It's all good.

Banned
    well, this should be interesteing. cant wait to hear the results. even though i finished my 5-speed swap months ago, it's always fun to hear of new findings like this.

good news fellas. ive located a sonata and its still got the motor and tranny still in but the motor is bad. i will be going later when i get off to check it out and do a side by side comparison of the tranny mounts and shifter assembly. it is a 4g64 and if all matches up the guy said he would sell me all parts for the swap for 400. so lets hope for good luck on this. also stewi would u think it would be too far fetched to think if the tranny and all was a match that the ecu would also work as well?seeing that it is the 4g64 with a 5 speed....

TGC Regular
    Where at in North Carolina? So I can beat you to it.

man ill tell u what. if i cant come up with the cash if it all will work and fit as its supposed to ill not only tell u where it is but i will meet up and drive u to it. deal?

TGC Regular
    I work today so I wont be able to make it. But just give date and time and I'll see if I can make it.

it all works! All Of It! tranny motorshifter cables pedals. all but the body. and i bought the whole car for 400. post pics soon. and its dohc 2.4

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Dont get rid of that motor, when your pulling it all from the car, take pics of the motor, im interested in a few things....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

say this is a positive ID on the Hyundai trans??

i

yes the tranny is a direct fit everything from the sonata will fit. all of it. and u name it brian cuz if i dont need it its yours. but just to say that motor will be getting built so if you have any tips it would be helpful.

how bout for us v6ers! any chance we can find a cheap sonata tanny 3.0?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

not sure but ill keep my eye out and c what i can do

Quote Originally Posted by gimmeagalant View Post
    yes the tranny is a direct fit everything from the sonata will fit. all of it. and u name it brian cuz if i dont need it its yours. but just to say that motor will be getting built so if you have any tips it would be helpful.
    do you know the if the slave from the 3G's will fit?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast