The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hyundai Sonata 5-speed Transmission

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 124
    Orlando8G
    I'd definitely like to hear what happened with the swap and possibly see some pics, looking into doing this and a sonata/optima head swap once i finishing paying off my wonderful $2400 bill for a blown headgasket, radiator, and 4 new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando8G View Post
    I'd definitely like to hear what happened with the swap and possibly see some pics, looking into doing this and a sonata/optima head swap once i finishing paying off my wonderful $2400 bill for a blown headgasket, radiator, and 4 new tires.

Good god! where in the hell do you get your work done at? That shouldnt have costed that much for all that!
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Orlando8G
    haha I don't know, it's the mechanic my family has taken all of our cars to for like 17 years...my mom wouldn't let me do the work myself because it's my dd and i need it to get to school, so made me take it to our mech, but also made me pay for it. It was like $1300 for the engine work, $500 for a new radiator, and 4 new tires ran like $550 or something, then there were a couple of various other little things that it was time to replace, but I definitely agree with you about it costing too much.

$500 for a new radiator ?? i paid less than $100 for mine and i did it myself

as far as the swap, the kid sold the car and never installed anything and i was gonna experiment with it but i found me a 3g tranny for cheap so i jumped on it
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Orlando8G
    Oh alright, well if anyone comes across a sonata tranny layin around and trys it out let us know...if not I guess it's gonna be a summer of looking for a cheap eclipse tranny.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    So we don't know if this fits then............WTF!!!!!!! Don't get people's hope up then pull this shit. Test things first then post shit up :(

Im assuming the i4 works fine then from this post ?

as for you v6e6rs i dont know but give me time and ill find out. i4s 100% matc. brian call me 919-665-8645 and we can work something out on parts you need. brandon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    the optima/sonatas also use the same brake setup as the galant/eclipse, so a rear disc swap is available too...
    can i swap an optima or sonata rear disc set-up and still be able to use my galant ebrake cables without having to mod the backing plates to fit?
    Last edited by platano; 04-24-2009 at 07:05 PM

its possible, i just know i was looking at my car and my coworkers and they have the same calipers rotors and hubs and whatnot
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

any updates??? I heard that they fit but the gear ratios are a lil different than the 3g eclipse tranny.. anybody still into this??? Im motivated !! for the price of the eclipse tranny i can get the full tranny swap pedals etc and the dohc head swap using hyundai/kia parts. i think the most expensive thing will be getting re turned...
    Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal...

i just found a totaled 2002 sonata on craigslist by my house. so is it for sure that the tranny will fit and what about the rear disk brakes

just found out that the tranny is messed up so im gonna go to pull a part and just buy one and see if it fits, all the trannys there are only $50

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Any more news on this yet?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

damn, too bad i just bought a 3G manual tranny before i read this thread
    hope it works. hell, for $300 i could get the sonata transmission for my aunt's 02 Galant.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

What trasmission cou|d I use for my v6!

just wanted to know did anybody run an eclipse fly/clutch set for the hyundai tranny? i have both hyundai clutch set/ no fly and eclipes clutch set/fly.

I just need a tob for the eclipse but i dont see how its going to work with the fork mechanism on the tranny just got me wondering when i was looking at gooseys swap i didnt see a tob in the pressure plate like my hyundai pressure plate has. are there different set ups?

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member
    For some reason I don't think this tranny is gonna work
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

im pretty much shore its been used/ran before on the galant.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

If the bellhousing matches up I can only see two types of things that can make this not work, the spline count for the axles and how the shifter cables are ran.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast